Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654056 times)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1960 on: 10 October 2014, 11:23 »
Mine's in for its 60,000 service and brake fluid change

I asked them to check the front and rear discs and they say they're good for another 3,000 miles so will wait until the new year seen as I do <1000 per month

Offline Daz_G6R

• Not said much yet
  • VW Racing
« Reply #1961 on: 10 October 2014, 14:30 »
DazG6R, where did you get your car mapped? I see you are just down the road  :smiley:

Alreet Obbzi, :smug: It was done at ADS in Preston, Dave you need to speak to, top bloke.  :wink:
Revo Stage 1

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #1962 on: 10 October 2014, 23:44 »
Thanks mate  :smiley: How much?  :lipsrsealed:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline hef

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1963 on: 11 October 2014, 00:37 »
hey Daz,

How much did Audi charge you for the cover and mounting bits if you don't mind me asking?

been meaning to do it for a while on mine, they're pretty rare on ebay
Toronado Red Edition 35

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1964 on: 12 October 2014, 13:48 »
Swapped over to my winter floor mats, after vacuuming half the countryside out of the driver's footwell.  Good clean, checked oil, coolant levels and topped up air in tyres.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1965 on: 12 October 2014, 15:43 »
Swapped over to my winter floor mats, after vacuuming half the countryside out of the driver's footwell.  Good clean, checked oil, coolant levels and topped up air in tyres.

My "summer" floor mats are still in their wrappers three and a half years on  :grin:. It's getting towards time to put the rubber ones in tho', although I find they seem to make the carpet around them dirtier. The carpet mats seem to hold onto the dirt as it dries, whereas it rolls off the rubber ones.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1966 on: 12 October 2014, 16:24 »

Did the same, needs a good wash now, looking rather sorry for herself ...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1967 on: 12 October 2014, 16:29 »

My "summer" floor mats are still in their wrappers three and a half years on  :grin:. It's getting towards time to put the rubber ones in tho', although I find they seem to make the carpet around them dirtier. The carpet mats seem to hold onto the dirt as it dries, whereas it rolls off the rubber ones.

Yeah, agree with you about the dirt rolling off rubber mats messing up the carpet, which is why I use my standard carpet mats as my 'winters' and my 'luxury' GTI logo'd ones for summer use.  I've got a set of rubber mats but they live in the boot and only tend to get used when visiting very muddy sites.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1968 on: 12 October 2014, 16:36 »

Did the same, needs a good wash now, looking rather sorry for herself ...

You still not washed that car yet Whitehawk  :whistle:

Mine's sparkling now..........for about a day  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1969 on: 12 October 2014, 16:36 »
Are we talking oem rubber mats as they have a lip on the edge to stop dirt rolling off. Find mine much better and easier to clean than the carpet mats.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.