Author Topic: tsr 103 cam specs  (Read 1572 times)

Offline 8vdub

• Just got here
tsr 103 cam specs
« on: 17 March 2010, 17:37 »
does anybody know what the cam specs should be on this cam atall, iv tried searching everywhere with no luck, tried phoning tsr with no one available, tried emailing no reply.

so does anyone have one, useing one or know how they should be timed up.

i hope someone knows.

thanks

Offline kraM

• Here all the time
  • It's not the speed, it's the sudden stops...
Re: tsr 103 cam specs
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2010, 18:50 »
Hi

I am using one in my 1600 GTi.  Very cammy cam, it won't pull the skin of a rice pudding until about 3000rpm, then goes mental about 4500rpm. 

What engine are you putting it in, I assume injection, as the K-Jet is very sensitive to air flow at low RPM.  The cam has truly mahoosive lift, so intake speeds will be low, and if the timing is out by a nats cock, it won't start, as the air flow meter won't registar enough air flow to open the injectors.

If you're using the standard cam wheel, it should be all good, if you're using a vernier, then put both pulleys on the bench, and try to get the new posh one in the same place as the O.E one.

Reset the air/fuel mixture, remember to run it slightly richer than a rich thing, as at flat chat, you don't want it running lean, as it will go bang. 

Oh and depenfing on the head, depends if metal needs removing from around the bucket area of the head, as the lobe of the cam clouts it.  AND, becareful that your valve springs don't get coil bound, if they do, I think KENT cams do a set.

Apart from that, it's really easy... :grin:  And if you have all the other bits done for this cam to work, you can 'dispatch MK4 1.8T's with ease' and seriously worry MK5 GTi owners (the standard car)

(I have learnt all this from painful experience)

Cheers

kraM
It's not the speed... it's the sudden stops...

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: tsr 103 cam specs
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2010, 00:07 »
103 is around 285deg, timing wise run the standard marks ie dot on back of pulley in line with edge of head and not rocker cover.