Author Topic: What will fit?  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
What will fit?
« on: 15 February 2009, 13:15 »
Got a mk3 GTi, I have seen that some speakers will not fit...In what way wont they fit? I want to keep to the OEM look and keep the grills.

So what will fit, and have good sound quality? Running off an amp 75rms with a alpine type R sub so dont want them bassy.

Thanks,

Adam

Down Hill From Here.

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
Re: What will fit?
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2009, 14:37 »
6.5" components or coaxials straight fit in the standard locations
just beware of magnet size as some mids with big magnets may not fit
www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2009, 23:27 »
So i'm guessing something like the Alpine Type S shallow mounts will fit? What about the R-Types you have got for sale? Any recommendation for around 120-150?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2009, 00:28 »
So i'm guessing something like the Alpine Type S shallow mounts will fit? What about the R-Types you have got for sale? Any recommendation for around 120-150?

I would imagine they'd fit buddy, I have a set of Infinity Kappa Components, sadly the grills won't go back on with these in but that's because the frame around the speaker itself sticks out slightly.

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2009, 12:51 »
the frame around the speaker itself sticks out slightly

yeah, this is what you need to look out for. I have had some sets which the grilles will not fit back onto.

Offline LostBok

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2009, 18:16 »
8v8v - I've got Alpine Type R's in mine: SPR-176's - screwed in TIGHT, they'll get scraped by the window, but if you mount them on some reasonably firm rubber rings, then they're fine... the original grills don't QUITE fit back on perfectly, but I think that's more down to worn/broken clips than the speakers being that far out - driver's side was fine, but passenger's kept on popping off, so I just put a dab of contact adhesive on the back of each screw (both sides) and they're good as gold now.... the one time I've had to remove them (window electrics problem), I just peeled off the adhesive and added another dab onto each when I clipped the grills back in.
LOSTBOK
Audi A4(B6): 2.5TDi Quattro Sport: Factory fitted Xenons, BOSE, and full sports leather "Soul Black / Titanium".
Mods: All OEM: S-Line bodykit, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Audi R8 FBMFSW, SDS-High voice control, full DIS, cruise control, Aero wiper mod.
In progress: 5 x OEM S4/Ronal 'Avus' 18's & 235/45ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-R (bah! wheels delayed until WC 27-JUL-09)
Researching: Colour DIS, Freeview and DAB tuner with iPodvid/PSP/AV in for the RNS-E.