Author Topic: RCD 310 and iPod  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
RCD 310 and iPod
« on: 02 January 2013, 12:47 »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having a few issues with my iPod through my RCD 310, and wondered if this was "normal", or a fault somewhere.

First off, I generally select the "Songs" folder and random play the lot.  If I skip to a song and let it play through, when the next song comes on the stereo nearly always still shows the previous song on the display.  Leave it to play through again and the display on the RCD 310 will update.  (I've checked the iPod itself and that updates the details for each song, so it's the RCD 310 which takes a while to catch up.)

Second off, what's the difference between the "MIX FLD" and "MIX ALL" options?  As I understand it, "MIX FLD" means Mix Folder.  I would assume that were I to select "ALBUMS" for example, and "MIX ALL", that all Songs would be Shuffled.  But, if I hear something and want to choose to only play that particular Album, that I should choose "MIX FLD" and it would only play songs from that Folder.  It doesn't though...for me, it seems that no matter what "MIX ???" option I select, my entire song-list is shuffled.

Not a big deal, but I used a Toyota Auris for work the other week, and it had a really nice touch-screen stereo.  With that one, if a song came on that I liked and wanted to hear the rest of the album, I just clicked one button and voila, that album would play.  Click another button and it would randomise the entire song-list again.

If the RCD 510 acts like that one in the Auris, I'm tempted to upgrade.

Ta.
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: RCD 310 and iPod
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2013, 16:25 »
I'd upgrade for an RCD510 and done with it.

It's a much nicer unit to use with it's big screen displaying much more information. It also gives the dashboard a more upmarket look.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.