Author Topic: Mk3 Gamma Radio  (Read 1499 times)

Offline agentorange

• Just got here
Mk3 Gamma Radio
« on: 02 November 2010, 10:15 »
Have just purchased a Gamma stereo for my mk3 GTi - have the code and it works fine until I switch the ignition off and restart the engine - each time I want to drive off with some tunes on I have to enter the radio code to get it out of the SAFE mode ...... WHY?

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
Re: Mk3 Gamma Radio
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2010, 15:37 »
swap the permanent live and ignition live and that should solve the problem
www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline agentorange

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2010, 19:24 »
Just found another problem and thats when I turn the key and drive off the radio turns itself off - could this have anything to do with the immobiliser or to do with having the wire in the wrong places - i'll put up a diagram of the wire positions - who ever had the car last totally trashed the stereo cables so having to do a bit of guess work.

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2010, 22:02 »
its on the wrong ignition live its only on the key sense side of the ignition
you should in that case run a new ignition live from the rear of the fuse box or ignition switch this will be a black wire
and connect this to the switched live on the iso plug
this will be a thin brown/red strip it back and join your new wire to that at the iso this will then give you an ignition live without losing the key sense
www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline agentorange

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2010, 08:55 »
Right tried to upload a diagram of the connections before I run a cable from my fuse box to make sure its the thing to do, but couldn't see how to upload an image so have done this for checking:

BLACK CONNECTOR

I: NOTHING
J: NOTHING
K: NOTHING
L: BROWN & RED
M: BLUE & WHITE
N: BLUE 7 GREY
O: RED WHITE
P: BROWN

VIEWED FROM THE MATING END AS 'INSTALL DR'

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2010, 11:10 »
L is the one you want so run the cable from the fuse box or ignition barrel and connect it to that job done

Offline agentorange

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2010, 11:12 »
Cheers for your help