Author Topic: RCD510 and USB Hard Disk  (Read 3540 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
RCD510 and USB Hard Disk
« on: 30 May 2010, 13:55 »
Being fed up with and 8Gig SDHC card for my music I decided that I would purchase a 500Gig 2.5 Portable USB drive, excellent I though can get all my music onto one disk and just leave it in the car.

Problem he finds, is there a limit to the number of folders you can have in the root of the drive? Otherwise works really quick and efficiently.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: RCD510 and USB Hard Disk
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2010, 19:34 »
Actually sorted that out there must be a limit of like 1000albums or something.

Created folders A to Z on the drive and then put the music inside.

Next question though why whenever I switch the Car off and get back in without touching anything does the USB hard disk (RCD510) always revert back to the song that it considers to be the first one?  That is really annoying.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2010, 21:39 »
I tried another HP USB disk and it didnt resume either , grrr...  It resumes provided the keys arnt removed from the ignition.

Offline damien010685

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2010, 15:19 »
U need to change over your leads in the back there will be a red and yellow lead usually switch them over and it should work they just pull out i had the same problem resets all settings etc when u turn off the car

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2010, 18:22 »
I seriously doubt VW wired there headunit incorrectly.  The radio stations dont get lost the SD card remembers if I use that.

Anyone else?

Offline damien010685

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2010, 18:43 »
O well never mind! diddnt realise was a vw unit as u never mentioned :D good luck with working it out
« Last Edit: 22 June 2010, 18:45 by damien010685 »

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2010, 18:47 »
Ahh right, I had a another post similar on another forum figured people knew what the RCD510 was.  VW headunit.  I have read others with similar issues with different disks and some have had it work.

Offline damien010685

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2010, 20:04 »
Nope but i know what a RCD510 is now lol good i love google!!!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2010, 15:12 »
Tried another disk Iomega Select 500Gb and it doesnt work at all, powers up and just gets stuck playing the first mp3.  I think it requires the use of the two plugs on the cable. Poop.