Author Topic: Mounting Boot Changer  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Ads17

• Not said much yet
Mounting Boot Changer
« on: 25 April 2010, 01:06 »
Just got myself a Sony Head Unit and CD changer of the ebay for a bargain £33  :smiley:

I am trying to work out the best place to attach the cd changer in the boot of the MK3 so it is as out of the way as possible.

Where do other folks have theirs mounted (pics if possible)?

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Re: Mounting Boot Changer
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2010, 06:44 »
Either direct t o the rear seat or Velcro against the rear arch...basically ina corner

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

adamrob69

« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2010, 09:02 »
Never thought of using velcro!

i thought in the gap behind the rear lights was best bet to keep it out the way. Direct on the back of the seat i thought personaly i would knock it off or damage it when i put stuff in the boot. not alot of other options...

Offline MaCco

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2010, 13:30 »
What about thinking outside the box (or boot), putting it under the glove boxon that random little shelf??

Offline Ads17

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2010, 17:09 »
Well I decided to embark on a little project today and chose to mount it in the area behind the rear lights. 
I raided the shed and found some left over Ply so I started building something to hold the cd changer.

With Changer screwed in

Attached in the car with 3 self tapping screws into the section where the first aid kit bracket used to be.

Just need to get down the scrappies and a get a bit of carpet to cover the ply and neaten it all up.  :cool:

VW BUSH

« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2010, 17:12 »
Either direct t o the rear seat or Velcro against the rear arch...basically ina corner

Mine was screwed to the rear seat (Smaller one) now its binned and i use a 10gb stick in my head ubit with a CD chocked full of mp3's in the head if i forget me stick, Winner :smiley:

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2010, 17:15 »
Sorry but don't see why you didn't just screw it down where it is, but without the ply.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline Ads17

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2010, 17:22 »
Sorry but don't see why you didn't just screw it down where it is, but without the ply.

The reason I used the ply was that I didn't really want to drill into the boot floor and also it would be near impossible to to get a screwdriver in to tighten the screws.

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2010, 17:33 »

The reason I used the ply was that I didn't really want to drill into the boot floor and also it would be near impossible to to get a screwdriver in to tighten the screws.

yeah that's fair enough mate. will look sweet once it has some carpet

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr