Author Topic: VAGcom error codes  (Read 2152 times)

Offline spoolking

• GTI forum regular
VAGcom error codes
« on: 30 December 2009, 18:24 »
Hi managed to get vagcom working although the crack does not seem to be having full effect.

here are the codes im getting

readiness status - Secondary air injection failed or in complete.  !? Any idear what this means?

3 fault codes found
1 (g61) signal too low p0327 -

16711 knock sensor 1 (g61) signal too low p0327 - 35-00

the other 2 say i require full version of soft ware but still give me these 2 codes

I have just recently had a new engine fitted, since i have had it fitted the engine light has not gone off so i really need to get to the bottem of the problems so i know if its bad workmanship orsomething else.. the guy who fitted it said its something t do with the cat but he also said that he got rid of the knock sensor error.

thanks

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: VAGcom error codes
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2009, 18:55 »
16711 - knock sensor, might need replacing, might be wiring, or it might just not be tightened up enough.

16808 refers to the secondary air injection as per the readiness check fail. This heats the cat up to optimum operating temperature. It may not be all connected up right, could be missing completely or have a broken pipe in the system.

17536 means it's running lean. This MIGHT be a left over DTC from your previous catastrophe, or it could be that the issue that caused your meltdown is still there. Either way you need to clear the codes, see what comes back and log the fuelling or get the rail pressure tested while the engine is under load - testing it at idle/stationary revving isn't going to show anything.

Offline spoolking

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2009, 18:57 »
thanks for the fast response ill be getting afull registered version of vagcom and then pull up the codes tomorrow but as far as i can tell they are reoccuring. 
« Last Edit: 31 December 2009, 14:24 by spoolking »

Offline spoolking

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2009, 14:32 »
"log the fuelling or get the rail pressure tested while the engine is under load"  Can i do this using vagcom?
 Also is replacing the knock sensor exspensive?

"16808 refers to the secondary air injection as per the readiness check fail. This heats the cat up to optimum operating temperature. It may not be all connected up right, could be missing completely or have a broken pipe in the system." I was told there is something rattling around in my cat  when thye put it up on the lift and gave it a tap. Im looking to replace it but  soon but will it do alot of damage using it as is?