Author Topic: Detailing advice for a newby detailer Please....  (Read 950 times)

Offline walchy01

• I live here
Detailing advice for a newby detailer Please....
« on: 09 March 2011, 19:17 »
Hi there

i have always been an Autoglym polisher boy using simply a duster, and to be fair do get a good finish, but reading things on here, it looks like things have moved on,Alot.

I do not have massive amount of spare time so what would you experts reccommend.... cost is not really an issue, but i do like to see it gleaming after my efforts....

Any help much apreciated :embarassed: :embarassed: :wink:

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Detailing advice for a newby detailer Please....
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2011, 20:01 »
Speak to either Tona or Waxamomo. Not only will you get unbiased advice but they will help recommend products within your budget.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2011, 20:55 by dragonfly »

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Detailing advice for a newby detailer Please....
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2011, 20:36 »
Well it sounds like you already keep your car clean so I guess you don't need shampoo's etc recommending?

Have you ever used clay? Clay can make a massive difference, not only to the finish but will also help keep your car cleaner for longer. It makes your paint silky smooth and so less friction (not the correct word but you get what I mean) for dirt to stick too.

As you do not have a massive amount of spare time, I would suggest I very durable wax or sealant, or both really. Going with something like Collinite 476 wax or Wolf's Paint Sealant, this will reduce the amount of times throughout the year you need to re-wax/seal. Then if you add a product like Chemical Guy's V7, this is a spray sealant that you can add each time you wash the car, then re-wax/seal every few months.

Sealing your paint like this with quality products will make cleaning the car much easier, and the V7 will certainly add a bit of shine too.

Hope that helps to start with, fire away with any other questions.

Chris