Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627493 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #690 on: 08 July 2013, 23:28 »
Ouch....colourful language rant, or restrained anger?

Just taken our Golf out for a 28mile summer evening drive....all I will say is an average mpg of 19.6  :evil:

Restrained delayed anger, I'm sure the rage will come out on some poor sod tomorrow  :whistle:

A neighbour reversed into it because she was solely using the reverse camera and no mirrors :angry:

I never specced a car with parking sensors or reverse camera, think they breed complacency.  If you can't park it you shouldn't be driving it........simples!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #691 on: 09 July 2013, 15:40 »
Second MOT passed with no problems :smiley:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #692 on: 10 July 2013, 13:42 »
Got a long hedge scratch down full length of passeger side, during a work visit to a rural site :cry:  :cry:   Hopefully it will polish out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #693 on: 10 July 2013, 19:34 »
Got a long hedge scratch down full length of passeger side, during a work visit to a rural site :cry:  :cry:   Hopefully it will polish out.

A mate called round the other day in his Skoda Superb. He reckoned it had been keyed all down the one side. I didn't think it had as there were two parallelish lines and bits of foliage sticking out from behind the rub strip. I set about it with my DA, and it all came out in no time.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #694 on: 10 July 2013, 22:26 »

A mate called round the other day in his Skoda Superb. He reckoned it had been keyed all down the one side. I didn't think it had as there were two parallelish lines and bits of foliage sticking out from behind the rub strip. I set about it with my DA, and it all came out in no time.

He's lucky to have a good mate who's handy with a DA. 

Mine happened driving up a dirt track, reached point where vegetation was very overgrown on either side, decided to reverse back down but by then a car was behind me, so had to carry on.   All I could hear was the horrible sound of bushes scratching my lovely paintwork  :cry:   On closer inspection there's loads of fine scratch marks as well as the long scratch, but nothing a polish can't sort.

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #695 on: 11 July 2013, 08:25 »
  On closer inspection there's loads of fine scratch marks as well as the long scratch, but nothing a polish can't sort.

What have you tried to remove it with? You'd be surprised what the right polish/pad combo will get out. If you weren't 250miles away, I'd be happy to have a go at it for you.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #696 on: 11 July 2013, 12:15 »
  On closer inspection there's loads of fine scratch marks as well as the long scratch, but nothing a polish can't sort.

What have you tried to remove it with? You'd be surprised what the right polish/pad combo will get out. If you weren't 250miles away, I'd be happy to have a go at it for you.

Haha, 250 miles is a bit far, but I appreciate the sentiment  :smiley:

Haven't tried anything yet.  Tbh it's hard to judge properly as it's so dirty :embarrassed: but will have a better idea once it's been washed this weekend.   It will definately polish out and I have good variety of pads/polish which should cover it. Just need the luxury of time!!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Marshy

« Reply #697 on: 11 July 2013, 18:28 »
Wasted 3 days trying to sort my car.
On Tuesday I returned to Sedox performance due to my harsh diesel knock on my cr170. After getting a revised map flashed my car then sounded like it had a boost leak!
After road testing and having lack of power another 3 different files were flashes on and none were any better.
After leaving with the first revised map and poor power and performance I limped the 90 miles home.
I've spent the last couple of days replacing the intercooler o-ring seals and pressure testing all the pipework from the turbo to the throttle body all if which is leak free as I tested it up to 28psi.
I've researched the turbo actuator problem but the vacuum side works perfect and no vacuum loss. I've tried disconnecting the airflow meter which doesn't make any difference.
I logged the car lastnight and it does eventually make target boost pressure but higher up the revs than previous.
Anyone any ideas?

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #698 on: 11 July 2013, 18:32 »
Wasted 3 days trying to sort my car.
On Tuesday I returned to Sedox performance due to my harsh diesel knock on my cr170. After getting a revised map flashed my car then sounded like it had a boost leak!
After road testing and having lack of power another 3 different files were flashes on and none were any better.
After leaving with the first revised map and poor power and performance I limped the 90 miles home.
I've spent the last couple of days replacing the intercooler o-ring seals and pressure testing all the pipework from the turbo to the throttle body all if which is leak free as I tested it up to 28psi.
I've researched the turbo actuator problem but the vacuum side works perfect and no vacuum loss. I've tried disconnecting the airflow meter which doesn't make any difference.
I logged the car lastnight and it does eventually make target boost pressure but higher up the revs than previous.
Anyone any ideas?

Thought them guys at Sedox were pretty decent. Have they not given you any more info on what it might be?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Marshy

« Reply #699 on: 11 July 2013, 20:49 »
It wasn't an issue until they flashed another map on high is very strange.
I even asked for a refund and wanted the car returned to standard but that was a no no too.
I emailed them again yesterday with no reply.
I originally wanted Revo but was advised their software was as good but cheaper.
After £400 and now it looks like I'll need to pay vw £72 to out it back to standard.
I guess that's what you get if you buy cheap buy twice! Not that £400 is cheap but £180 cheaper than Revo.