Author Topic: Sat Nav map in middle of digital display dashboard  (Read 1808 times)

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
I’ve had my 20 plate TCR since October of last year and due to COVID have never been anywhere which required me to use Sat Nav (until this Saturday when we travelled to Yorkshire from Norfolk).

I wanted to have the map display in the middle of the dash (would be rude not to right ?) However I can’t for the life of me get it to do ! The “Map button” on the bottom of the sat nav display isn’t lit to allow me to switch from infotainment screen to dash. Is this something which needs to be coded in or am I doing something wrong ..

Please help a seemingly tech muppet out... step by step instructions would be most appreciated.
2020 Pure Grey Mk7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Sat Nav map in middle of digital display dashboard
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2021, 19:56 »
I'm pretty sure I remember someone else having the same issue and it was a cable not connected properly. Not 100% sure on that but 75-80%...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2021, 20:10 »
Try using the silver scroll buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel.
These allow you to change what’s displayed in the cluster-audio,nav,range etc,press ok to select your choice.

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2021, 20:30 »
I'm pretty sure I remember someone else having the same issue and it was a cable not connected properly. Not 100% sure on that but 75-80%...

Thanks for the heads up, will investigate at the weekend and report back.

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2021, 19:07 »

Thanks for the heads up, will investigate at the weekend and report back.

Bugger , pulled unit in glovebox forward and disconnected and reconnected and also the plugs on rear of screen. No difference. If anyone’s got any other suggestions I’d appreciate it.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2021, 08:30 »
You could try a hard reset on the Discover unit. If that doesn't work then it's a trip to the dealers unfortunately.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2021, 10:18 »
You could try a hard reset on the Discover unit. If that doesn't work then it's a trip to the dealers unfortunately.

Do you mean the unit in the glove box mcmaddy ? How do I perform a hard reset ? Bearing in mind I did disconnect it yesterday (I presume that isn’t the same as a hard reset. Would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2021, 17:13 »
It's just basically holding the power button in for about 1 minute but if you've had it disconnected then it might not make any difference. It's always worth a try.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline huddo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2021, 18:53 »
It's just basically holding the power button in for about 1 minute but if you've had it disconnected then it might not make any difference. It's always worth a try.

Sadly no difference 🤦🏼‍♂️ Dealership it is then.

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2021, 11:39 »
On this topic, is there any way to get Google Maps or Waze on the dashboard (via Android Auto)? Seems like it can only be on the big screen in the middle, which is really annoying