Author Topic: Car + insurance  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Chyla200292

• Just got here
Car + insurance
« on: 05 June 2007, 01:11 »
Hi i am currently 15 and will soon be purchasing a car to clean up for driving on the road and mabee a few hill climbs here and there. Also i would possibly doing long miles arround europe eventualyso comfort and reliability is high priority. I know VAG cars in general are reliable as my father currently owns a B7 2.0T Quattro A4 Avant. I was wondering what kind of car to go for as i am not wanting to waste my money buying a car and then finding i will not get insurance.

Would it be possible for someone to tell me roughly how much or if i would get insured as a learner with 2 50+ named drivers on the insurance for a MK 4 GTI or a MK 4 1.8 Turbo.

any sujestions on a more suitable car would be apreciated.

thanks Matthew Chyla

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Car + insurance
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2007, 08:40 »
No idea in the cost but I don't think it will be cheap. Your better off getting something smaller to start off with like a 1.4. A GTi (2.0 or 1.8T) is a little over kill for you in my opinion. If you have the money though by all means go for it.

Because you have not passed you can't really get a quote online because most websites don't give the option of adding a learner driver so you will have to ring around and find out.

Good luck

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2007, 09:17 »
You will find it near impossible to get insured on a GTI when you turn 17 as a learner driver unfortunately, most companies state you need a full licence for at least a year and often more on GTI's etc

Martin

Offline Chyla200292

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2007, 21:55 »
thanx very much guys. i will prob endup going for a 1.6 marks 4 but i am upset that there is very little in the way of performance mods. i will prob just try and do a deal with my dad and use tha audi for track days and do some cosmetics to the Dub to make it more a looker than a go'er. lol

thanx guys

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2007, 15:33 »
Just remember you are still only 15, no need to go rushing in like a bull in a china shop. 1.6 Golf is a really good first car. Just take it easyish for your first year and then look into getting something with a little more ummph.