Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829451 times)

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1800 on: 03 March 2015, 21:02 »
im just about to order a set of the SR's, what ET size did you need?

Thanks, btw they look great
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1801 on: 03 March 2015, 21:28 »

And winters

Are you not a bit late for fitting winters?

Currently 2 degrees and the snow just started here. Heading over to the west coast in a couple of weeks were the March average is 5 degrees.

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1802 on: 03 March 2015, 21:30 »
The BBS SR's BigD? Lets have a better shot of them.  :smiley:

Correct.

Went to get a new chamois. 70 miles :)

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1803 on: 03 March 2015, 21:32 »
im just about to order a set of the SR's, what ET size did you need?

Thanks, btw they look great

8.0 x 18 ET 45. BBS SR016.

They stick out 10mm further than the Austins.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1804 on: 04 March 2015, 18:44 »
Gave it it's first wash  :rolleyes:
Snow foamed: Auto Valet PH Neutral
Two Bucket wash: AG car Shampoo & Conditioner
Wo Wo Lambswool Wash Mitt
Microfibre towel dry
Wheels off, polished and sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Photos to come  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1805 on: 04 March 2015, 18:45 »
No wax or sealant JB?

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1806 on: 04 March 2015, 19:23 »
No wax or sealant JB?

No. Going to do it at the weekend. Just a quick first wash today. Got more time to spare at the weekend.
Planning another wash and a dose of Auto Finnesse Iron Out then a coat or two of Jeffs Werkstat Prime followed by a coat of Jeffs Werkstat Jett and then a layer of Jeffs Werkstat Gloss.
Still undecided whether to try something else but not sure what to go for as I will doing it by hand.
Any suggestions or opinions welcomed   :wink:

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1807 on: 05 March 2015, 12:53 »
No wax or sealant JB?

No. Going to do it at the weekend. Just a quick first wash today. Got more time to spare at the weekend.
Planning another wash and a dose of Auto Finnesse Iron Out then a coat or two of Jeffs Werkstat Prime followed by a coat of Jeffs Werkstat Jett and then a layer of Jeffs Werkstat Gloss.
Still undecided whether to try something else but not sure what to go for as I will doing it by hand.

No fancy suggestions from me but Autoglym HD wax really makes the flake pop in my DBP. Does the Lapiz have metallic flakes in it? I've never had the pleasure of seeing one in real life.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1808 on: 05 March 2015, 13:18 »
No wax or sealant JB?

For wax - Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro wax gives excellent depth and shine (on DBP anyway) wonder what it'd be like on Lapis.  They do other colour charged waxes in that range so would be something to suit I imagine.  For Sealant - Poorboys Ex-P gives good proection. 

The wax doesn't offer longevity of some other last stage protections (i.e. say 12 months) but it's not too shabby. I normally wax mine every 3 months but haven't had time lately so it's been on 5 months now and still getting reasonable protection.

Or you could do wax over sealant if you prefer, that way you get the longevity of the sealant and added depth of gloss/shine with a colour charged wax.  And then there's glazes too.  The possibilities are endless  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 05 March 2015, 23:45 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1809 on: 05 March 2015, 17:27 »
I wax over sealant. oo er.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.