Author Topic: GolfDan - It better be clean!  (Read 3276 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
GolfDan - It better be clean!
« on: 26 September 2008, 16:35 »
:tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
Re: GolfDan - It better be clean!
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2008, 16:46 »
Its not clean yet lots to do before I let that trouble me  :grin:

Right here goes.....

91 16v pretty much standard when bought on here apart from a stainless Scorpian exhaust and im told a Boge lowering kit.

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2008, 16:58 »
Since then its had a badgless grille from Volksbits as seen in my sig  :sick: bloody horrible thing.
Its now sporting a genuine VW CL grille with red pinstriping and smoked crystal crosshairs (pics to follow).

As for future plans

1) New engine (Lewy's from his project thread - its not a rubber cheque  :grin:)
2) New wheels - Im thinking G60 steels (see classifieds) as im not sure with the ones on there everytime I look at them I wish they were splits!
3) Coilovers - No rush for these as its not sitting too bad now and rides nicely.
4) New Interior - Im looking out for a Recaro set however prices are too high at the moment although if I put some work in I could get some from an Esc"*t quite cheap. Failing that I think a retrim might be on the cards.
5) Standard 90 spec arches for the front as the G60 examples currently on were fitted by Stevie Wonder with Ray Charles lending a hand!

Thats enough to keep me busy for a couple of weeks.

Dan

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2008, 13:17 »
Right the new engine is in. There were a few teething problems but now its running sweet and bloody flys!! Also put in a new Momo Corse gear knob and gaiter  :cool: I picked up on the bay for the princely sum of £10 will put some pics on this afternoon.

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2008, 14:00 »
Engine is a flyer  :cool: I need to tidy the wiring up and tidy the bay new expansion bottle etc

Im really liking the look of the front end compared to before

:sick:

as it is now

:cool: :grin: