Author Topic: No access to canbus gateway above clutch??????  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Jimothy82

• Just got here
No access to canbus gateway above clutch??????
« on: 29 October 2021, 16:13 »
Hi all, I'm on my second mk5 TDI 4motion and love them, finally got one with lower miles!!!

In my first I installed a newer radio (cant remember which one) and suffered battery drain. I read some guides, got a newer gateway, fitted and coded it, simple! It was a pain to get access up in the footwell but I managed even with my big hands and sausage fingers.

So I've just done the same thing, I've upgraded the radio to RCD330, suffered battery drain, bought a newer gateway.

However this is where it all goes wrong, after removing the trim with the footwell light and obd scanner port I cant even get a finger up near the existing gateway. Its up above the clutch pedal, I can see it and the orange/red clip. I can just about touch it with my index finger and that it, if by some fluke I could unclip it I could never re attach it there is simply no room. This tells me that it must be in a different location in this car, Its still under the footwell but simply impossible to get to (for me anyway).

I've had to disconnect the radio and now I'm stuck, is it a job for a proper garage or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: No access to canbus gateway above clutch??????
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2021, 00:35 »
Which gateway is fitted at the moment?
Temic units can be updated via OBD in a matter of just a few minutes. You will need to find someone with VCP for this though, or ODIS.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles