Author Topic: Maxton Design Spoiler CAP V.2 For Clubsport  (Read 651 times)

Offline I Am Bosco

• Just got here
Maxton Design Spoiler CAP V.2 For Clubsport
« on: 04 March 2024, 22:09 »
Hi all

I have a Kings Red Clubsport and looking for the OEM+ look. I have a question about of the Maxton Design Spoiler CAP V.2. It held in my 3M tape or something like a double sided tape.

Does anyone have experience with Maxton Design products? How secure is the tape for the spoiler cap. I  don't fancy having it coming off on the motorway or anytime when driving.

Thanks   

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: Maxton Design Spoiler CAP V.2 For Clubsport
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2024, 08:43 »
Does that cap fit the Clubsport?  I think the GTI has a different spoiler to the Clubsport and the R is different again, but I may be wrong.

Fitting instructions seem to suggest that it is held on by glue only.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2024, 10:50 »
Does that cap fit the Clubsport?  I think the GTI has a different spoiler to the Clubsport and the R is different again, but I may be wrong.

They have a cap for the clubsport spoiler but it does looks like a stick on after thought. They way it wraps around and is just on top of the existing spoiler looks weird and not integrated at all.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline I Am Bosco

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2024, 17:56 »

Hi Sorry for the late reply. From what I see it is only held in place by glue. Not sure how good it really is. If it comes off, whats the point in wasting money on it.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2024, 19:04 »
Got one on my 45. Tape holds in on. Mines been on for 18 months and it’s not going to budge on its own.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2024, 19:42 »
Got one on my 45. Tape holds in on. Mines been on for 18 months and it’s not going to budge on its own.

If the surface is prepped properly, some of the 3M tape variants are rock solid.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.