Author Topic: MK8.5 Official News / Open for ordering the 11th of April  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: MK8.5 Official News
« Reply #20 on: 14 March 2024, 15:05 »
How about one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6y7VdcOkxA

Might be a half decent proposition via salary sacrifice for those on 40% tax with a car allowance of some sort.

I have neither so will tough it out with a superseded Golf! 😁
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dogman12

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 March 2024, 09:01 »

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2024, 10:21 »
Open for ordering the tomorrow the 11th of April....
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline jon87

• Not said much yet
Re: MK8.5 Official News / Open for ordering the 11th of April
« Reply #23 on: 10 April 2024, 12:30 »
Any idea about the GTI base price?

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 10 April 2024, 20:35 »
Carbon fibre on a Golf GTI from the factory and an illuminated VW badge at the front - as if the light bar on the 8 wasn’t stupid enough

‘The GTI can also be ordered with carbonfibre exterior applications for the first time’. These prices are going to shock potential buyers imo
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 10 April 2024, 21:37 »
Carbon fibre on a Golf GTI from the factory and an illuminated VW badge at the front - as if the light bar on the 8 wasn’t stupid enough

‘The GTI can also be ordered with carbonfibre exterior applications for the first time’. These prices are going to shock potential buyers imo

I think you’re right in terms of the price.

As for the facelift, I think it’s a little underwhelming, but then that’s VW’s typical approach to mid lifecycle facelifts. I dare say most people who aren’t Golf and / or GTI enthusiasts the wouldn’t even realise the mk8.5 is a refreshed, facelift model.

I’ve never been a fan of the light bar and IMHO the illuminated VW badge is a bit tacky and just a step too far.

Let’s just hope VW have ironed out the software gremlins that have plagued the mk8.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2024, 22:55 »
The carbon fibre will save a vital few ounces, add in an Akrapovič and for £5k you’ll shave 0.0001 second off your 0-60!

Never been a fan of the light bar myself but at least with the badge illuminated you won’t have a dark gap at the front anymore. Any light has to be good light as far as being visible is concerned, shame the radar is now on show again though.

As for the software, don’t anyone kid themselves, aside from the Chat GPT add on module it’ll be basically the same gear as late mk8’s. Though thankfully the latter seem less prone to bugs and processors should be a little quicker in the FL car.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2024, 00:18 »
Seeing as the new infotainment screen is basically the same screen that’s appearing in the new ID7, refreshed ID4 and the new Tiguan, we’ll get a fair idea soon enough if the newer hardware/software has less gremlins or not. My wife has a new ID4 coming soon so I’ll see for myself what this new infotainment is like. I fear it’ll make my MK8 feel old!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #29 on: 11 April 2024, 15:17 »
Most of the Mk8 software bugs were not really infotainment ones (some were but not many), they were actually caused by the communication with the hundreds of different sensors and control units around the car.... or those components themselves.

For example... the SOS unit (which caused infotainment reboots or bongs or both), the V2X module which caused more bongs or the steering wheel which caused loads of bongs. All of those were faults in the modules themselves...

The only thing I can think of that was infotainment issues itself was one where the climate sync used to switch itself off.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC