Author Topic: Buono esdente  (Read 1852 times)

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Buono esdente
« on: 22 September 2008, 23:37 »
Hi all,

I've been visiting the forum for a while and I thought it time I join.  A bit about myself.  i'm 31 and the first car I bought was a B reg Mk2 Golf 1.3 with GTi interior, 3 door big bumper in mars red - which I've still got in my garage after 10 years!!! It's still mint.  Then I moved onto a variety of  diesel company cars, the best of which was a mk5 gt tdi 140, what a go-cart that was.  Now I've started my own business, so I've gone and bought myself a J-Plate end of line 5 door mk2 16v gti in royal metalic blue, very nice.

The 16v is so much fun.  I'm thinking of bolting in a 9a bottom end for a bit more torque ( A THING YOU LOVE WITH A DIESEL) or perhaps getting rid of it and getting a BMW 5 series for work and a mk1 rivage for fun with a 2.0 16v in it.  mmm???

Anyhow..always been a VW Golf fan and I hope to 'keep the dream alive' as it were.  Sad to say but the only other old school VW I've seen around my way is 'eyeletboy's' black Mk1 Sportline cabby which is mint...seeing that has tempted me to the dark side...mmmm...Rivage......

keep up the good work and keep the Mk5 boys schtumm""

Offline HasH

• GTI forum regular
Re: Buono esdente
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2008, 09:29 »
welcome. you should get some pics up of the mk2s. i do like a nice mk2  :smug:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2008, 11:42 »
Welcome to the site.

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2008, 12:48 »
welcome to the site  :smiley: enjoy your stay

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Kingt_mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • you could call it complex simplicity?!
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2008, 14:33 »
Hello and welcome!!

:: 1988 Golf 1.8 16V ::

Offline Akula

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2008, 17:49 »
Hello, welcome to the forum.  :cool:

Dinky

« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2008, 18:14 »
Welcome to the forum hun :smiley:
You are priviledged to see Aeron's (eyelets)..even I haven't and I've "known" him a few years now! :grin:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2008, 21:37 »
Hello & Welcome  :smiley:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2008, 22:18 »
 :smiley:

Thanks all for the warm welcome..  and Dinx it truely was a 'special moment' when I saw Eyeletboy's MK1 Cabby in the carpark.. Amoungst the carpark full of your 'generic european cars' is stood out and even my Gran said what a nice car it was.

It's sad to say that old school Golfs are a rare thing down my way, but glad to report that the ones I do see are well looked after...I hope to carry on the tradition.

Very proud to see that all on this site  are not your your boy racer 'chav' types who think throwing spoilers and stuff at a car make it 'nice'.  One thing you can't accuse Golf owners of being.  Heart warming to see that you all realise that a classic car should be kept as such.

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2008, 02:05 »
hello and welcome  :smiley: