Author Topic: Hi - Another new member  (Read 924 times)

Offline M1EWK

• Not said much yet
Hi - Another new member
« on: 22 December 2013, 20:45 »
Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I am awaiting my first ever VW , a Golf GTD 5 door in pure white with leather and satnav. Current car is an audi A3 tdi 170 Quattro . I first looked at the new a3 but it seemed a bit dare I say boring and having read about the New GTD I was immediately interested.
First problem was getting interest from the local VW dealer (JCT 600).went in and asked for a test drive, response was sorry mate it's not here at the moment , try next week. Over the course of 4 weeks I went in 4 times and it was only on the last time that someone even bothered to take my name and contact details. Eventually the salesman said the GTD should be in next week I'll give you a ring. Needless to say no phone call. Gave up on JCT600 and went to Lookers in Northallerton. Couldn't have been more helpful so I ordered the car from them instead at the end of Sept expecting a March delivery with a 2014 plate. been watching the tracker and noticed today the car is currently being built, so I guess will arrive at the dealer maybe at the end of Jan. probably makes sense to wait until March though for the new plate.
There is some great information on the forum so looking forward to contributing.
Cheers and and a happy Christmas to everyone   :smiley:

GTD 5 door Pure White Manual, Discovery Satnav, Leather

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Hi - Another new member
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2013, 15:38 »
Hi :) welcome! New member myself too

J
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |