Author Topic: New Member :D (Y)  (Read 1601 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: New Member :D (Y)
« Reply #10 on: 05 December 2011, 15:50 »
cheers guys :D
I hope i end up getting it as well..
so far cheapest quote i've found is £1,276  :embarassed:

not tons in the grand scheme of things considering i've got 0 ncb and no pass plus.. but still twice what i'm paying for my granny fiesta  :tongue:

Have you tried any of the insurers on this forum?

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=53.0

Offline xAntiVenxm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 05 December 2011, 16:18 »
cheers guys :D
I hope i end up getting it as well..
so far cheapest quote i've found is £1,276  :embarassed:

not tons in the grand scheme of things considering i've got 0 ncb and no pass plus.. but still twice what i'm paying for my granny fiesta  :tongue:

Have you tried any of the insurers on this forum?

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=53.0

I've looked at them but haven't run a quote with them yet as i don't yet know what mods the car has. as far as i know, it's only got a full stainless exhaust system, however not whether that includes the manifold or just the tube and backbox, or whether it's cat-backed or standard mani and cat.. it's got BBS alloys, but i'm not aware of any other mods.

I've seen people talking about the quotes they got in that forum section, some seem to be paying cheaper for the modded car than they would with it fully standard! pretty cool that.
once i look at the car this week i'll get a rundown of what condition it's in, and how many mods and start getting quotes :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #12 on: 05 December 2011, 16:56 »
Yes that often seems the case, nobody I found could give me a decent quote for mine.. But an insurer on here gave me crazy cheap deal, just hope the renewal is as good.

Offline covgti

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 07 December 2011, 09:31 »
Hi

Thats roughly what i pay. I have just fell into the over 25 bracket and before it was well over 1800.

It is still classed as a high performance car!

Offline jakelarson

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2011, 11:20 »
it's been garged for a bit. going to see it next week at some point, hopefully looks in good enough a state!