Author Topic: benstanley - N reg 8v GTI  (Read 5383 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
benstanley - N reg 8v GTI
« on: 04 November 2010, 21:04 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline benstanley

• Not said much yet
My mrs's N reg 8v GTI Project.
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2010, 00:34 »
Right bought this for the mrs yesterday as her meggie cabbie is dieing a death! Its N reg dragon green? 123k, MOT until August no tax. So taxed her this morning. I think its standard apart from the wheels but ive decided that anything that needs to be replaced will be replaced with non-standard parts  :grin:

The reason im starting a project is it is a work in progress ha! Brakes seem to be warped, some cosmetic issues that will be addressed with DIY spraying  :laugh:

Anyway here's some pics and prgress pics will follow soon i hope!  :smug:

looks like it has been keyed in the above picture but again will be sorted by myself and if i bollox that then a new door should be £40 ish

First on the todo list is clean the throttle body to hopefully get rid of the stalling issue its got. Ive also ordered #30 relay as its the cheaper option. Then will be spraying the grey bits black again. Am going to use spray paint instead of back to black as it'll last longer. Then the DIY spraying on the bumps & scrapes!

Comments and suggestions welcomed :)

Offline benstanley

• Not said much yet
Re: benstanley - N reg 8v GTI
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2010, 22:33 »
Right bought myself i #30 relay to no avail on the stalling issue  :huh: :sad:

Decided to have a look at my throttle body and found this:

Bought some carb cleaner (which i can get for £4.99 if anyones interested halfrauds charge £5.99+ VAT)
Quick spray with the mrs revving it and and a quick wipe and PROBLEM SOLVED!  :smug: :grin:

Managed to find myself a bonnet, drivers door and four original wheels for £80 will be collecting and fitting Sunday I hope! So look forward to some more pics soon.

Also planning on spraying wheels and badges black or white but havent decided yet! Also planning on either colour coding the bumpers or extra blackening of them, and some smoked or clear repeaters and some clear & red rear lights.
« Last Edit: 12 November 2010, 22:35 by benstanley »