Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653236 times)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1750 on: 04 August 2014, 20:48 »
Haha no I'm more of a Jelly Belly person  :drool:

I'd never thought really about getting a red car either until my mum got one, a red A3. After seeing that it was definitely a colour I wanted, plus it just seemed right for a GTI :)

The hex logic pads have been great, I'm just using the 5.5s for now but I can see myself placing an order for more of those and some 4" ones very soon! As for starting with SSR2.5, I told a small lie on my part. I had actually tested out the polishes and pad combos on the spoiler a few weeks ago, but that was really just a very small test and nothing that warranted writing about. From this I knew that I'd need a few passes with 2.5 on the orange to hit the swirls and there was also a very small patch of bird bomb etching that I wet sanded and needed to remove the sanding marks. I did three passes with 2.5 and five each with SSR2 and 1. It looked okay out in the daylight, not 100% correction but I'm waiting for the sun gun to arrive on Thurs to see the true extent of what's needed. All I aimed for today was a bit of improvement and getting some experience with the machine.

Never tried another metal polish so I may have to give the Mothers a go. Might sneak into the basket of my next detailing order  :tongue:

Haha I would come Rebecca but I made a pact with myself when I sold the Alfa that I'd never touch another black car ever again! Anyway weather for the rest of my week off looks miserable and it's actually chucking down with rain right now so I might not even get much more done on my car! Typical!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1751 on: 04 August 2014, 22:27 »
Haha no I'm more of a Jelly Belly person  :drool:

What flavour? :drool:

Haha I would come Rebecca but I made a pact with myself when I sold the Alfa that I'd never touch another black car ever again! Anyway weather for the rest of my week off looks miserable and it's actually chucking down with rain right now so I might not even get much more done on my car! Typical!

Black cars are not that bad, you lightweight  :grin:

The weather always knows when you've got a detail planned  :rolleyes:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1752 on: 04 August 2014, 23:01 »
What flavour? :drool:

All of them at once  :laugh:

Black cars are not that bad, you lightweight  :grin:

The weather always knows when you've got a detail planned  :rolleyes:

I couldn't hack it, maybe if I had a special weekend car but never again on a daily driver. It didn't stand up well to the mileage I do (I've done almost 10k since I got the GTI at the end of Feb  :evil:)
Damn that weather, too dark outside to even go admire the beading either  :sad:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1753 on: 05 August 2014, 20:17 »
Took a drive over to Letchworth VW to order some bits:

Genuine GTI front and rear mat set
Left and right foglight access covers for the front arches (been missing since I bought the car).

With regards to these covers in the arches, I understand they don't stay in that well and are prone to falling out? Anyone got any methods for keeping them in place? I've seen some people make lanyards for them but I'd rather not go drilling holes in the arch liner if I can help it.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1754 on: 05 August 2014, 21:58 »
Took a drive over to Letchworth VW to order some bits:

Genuine GTI front and rear mat set
Left and right foglight access covers for the front arches (been missing since I bought the car).

With regards to these covers in the arches, I understand they don't stay in that well and are prone to falling out? Anyone got any methods for keeping them in place? I've seen some people make lanyards for them but I'd rather not go drilling holes in the arch liner if I can help it.

Yeah i did this on mine and it works great. you cant tell a month later. best way by far, never go missing again.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4957799-LOSING-ACCESS-COVERS-Try-This-Simple-Mod&highlight=access+cover+plate
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1755 on: 06 August 2014, 21:10 »
I collected my mk 6 tornado red 3 dr GTi. 2010 29000 miles in absolutely immaculate condition. Love the tartan interior. Already pricing the mods up.

These rear led lights, can genuine VW lights be fitted and coded? I'm not keen on aftermarket parts and the risk of error codes.
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #1756 on: 06 August 2014, 21:36 »
I fitted the genuine VW lights as I got a good deal, coding, once I worked out which was easy. It depends on the year and whether you have halogen or xenons, which code you use for byte 18

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1757 on: 06 August 2014, 22:01 »
I have halogens. Where's the best place to buy the OEM led lights? The dealership or a independent parts company?
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline hef

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1758 on: 07 August 2014, 23:54 »
fitted airtec stage 2 cooler this evening and autotech HPFP ready for it's trip to Awesome tomorrow for mapping.

Shame a few of the mounting holes didn't line up...at all  :undecided:

Nice piece of kit otherwise
Toronado Red Edition 35

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1759 on: 08 August 2014, 19:57 »
Booked it in for a 4th service and air con service 73k on the clock.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.