Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653233 times)

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1700 on: 11 July 2014, 10:28 »
o
« Last Edit: 08 July 2015, 19:58 by LukeRhino »
Mk6 gti, REVO Stage 2, TBE, Filter, Wind Deflectors.

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1701 on: 11 July 2014, 13:04 »
her
« Last Edit: 08 July 2015, 19:58 by LukeRhino »

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1702 on: 11 July 2014, 14:52 »
heres another one of me playing with a 997 turbo for a little while. fast forward to 1minute :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvHV_SuD-c

Great vid man, love the Astra pass at 4 mins, was it a VXR? Bet he was thinking WTF?  :cool: :cool:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1703 on: 11 July 2014, 21:47 »
yeah it was a vxr, did it on another session aswell, was great fun haha.

Considering its only a hot hatch, with a simple bolt on upgrade and a remap, the car handles and performs fantastically, keeping up with quick cars, and even had several laps were caterhams couldnt shake me off.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1704 on: 11 July 2014, 22:22 »
yeah it was a vxr, did it on another session aswell, was great fun haha.

Considering its only a hot hatch, with a simple bolt on upgrade and a remap, the car handles and performs fantastically, keeping up with quick cars, and even had several laps were caterhams couldnt shake me off.

If you do plan to keep it, ARB should be your next purchase. They have made such a huge improvement to my handling. Going round corners today in this heat, all i could hear is tyre squeal as the outer tyres begged for mercy. Unbelievable how flt it corners now.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1705 on: 12 July 2014, 09:22 »
Still enjoying mine everytime i use it as i have been doing the past 2 weeks. I only use it about 6 months a year. Its even still got the new car smell and its 4 years old..

Ive been adjusting the intake pipe this morning to try and reduce a noise.
 Ever since the dealers replaced that pipe about a year ago under warranty for an oil leak ive had a whissle under hard acceleration similar to induction kits like the VWR one cause. :sad:
Ive reduced it but still not right need to have a bit more play after the engines cools down abit.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2014, 09:25 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1706 on: 12 July 2014, 10:16 »
Still enjoying mine everytime i use it as i have been doing the past 2 weeks. I only use it about 6 months a year. Its even still got the new car smell and its 4 years old..

Ive been adjusting the intake pipe this morning to try and reduce a noise.
 Ever since the dealers replaced that pipe about a year ago under warranty for an oil leak ive had a whissle under hard acceleration similar to induction kits like the VWR one cause. :sad:
Ive reduced it but still not right need to have a bit more play after the engines cools down abit.

Is it the bottom sleeve that joins to the block? If so, have you tried swapping that retaining clip for a heavy duty jubilee clip? You can get it to be a lot more air air with them.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1707 on: 13 July 2014, 19:05 »
Treated it to a new pressure washer after my old one died today just as I was about to wash the car.  Tempted by Nilfisk but decided to stick with Karcher as it fits my existing snow foam lance and other bits. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1708 on: 13 July 2014, 19:07 »
Afternoon well spent after a hard day enjoying the sunshine yesterday, both cars now clean ready for another week in the sun.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1709 on: 13 July 2014, 20:59 »
Coded the front fogs to be used as coming/leaving home lights. Just to be different I guess.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.