Author Topic: Thinkware F770 Dash Cam Installation??  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
Thinkware F770 Dash Cam Installation??
« on: 28 April 2019, 18:44 »
Hi Folks.
Need some me help, I need to install a Thinkware F770 front & rear dash cam in my Mk7.5 Golf GTI Performance.
I've seen some articles on doing the install on the Mk7 but the fuse box looks different on my Mk7.5
Really need to know which fuse locations to use, needing a constant live a switched live + an earth location.
Hope you can help.
Cheers

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
Re: Thinkware F770 Dash Cam Installation??
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2019, 14:00 »
No one?.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2019, 17:01 »
Ground, you can use the bolt holding the fuse box. Look in the manual for fuse locations if you are using piggy back fuse holders or use a volt meter to find the live and switched.

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2019, 20:09 »
Cheers Finglonga, appreciate your input.
I was hoping someone might have done this job already & could point me to the best fuse locations to use.
Thanks again.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2019, 11:47 »
This is mine below for my F770 in the Mk7 if it helps, there are a few fuses you can use or even use unused sockets as some are live. A cheap test meter is your best friend for finding what you want. The earth is just in view at the bottom just to the left of the yellow wire.

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2019, 20:18 »
Cheers m8, really appreciate that. I've got a test meter so that should help, have you any idea what the fuse locations you used are for so I can find the same ones in my fuse box? Thanks again

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2019, 22:03 »
Fuse boxes aren't all the same. When I fitted mine with monkeyhanger we found my fuses were different to his. I'm sure people posted pictures of fuse locations when dashcams were asked before? Did you search the forum?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2019, 05:58 »
Thanks for the info mcmaddy. Yes I've had a trawl around not just in this forum but also others & the web. Found a couple of articles but the fuse layout in the ones I found all looked slightly different to mine. I don't know if that's because they are Mk7's & mines the facelift Mk7.5 but I'm yet to find an image or advice directly relating to my layout. Find it hard to believe that no one out there with a 7.5 has a dash cam hard wired in. The search continues........

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2019, 07:02 »
If you use fuse taps then just have a go yourself.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2019, 07:14 »
Identify the fuses in your fuse box via the manual as they do move around when fuse boxes update. Permanent live - tap into the central locking fuse. Switched live, tap into the 12v plug/cigarette lighter fuse (assuming you haven't put the fuse into a permanent luve position.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.