Author Topic: Front bumper stolen - I could cry  (Read 8591 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Front bumper stolen - I could cry
« Reply #30 on: 23 August 2018, 19:21 »
A member on another forum with a mk7 / mk7.5 Golf GTI or GTD (can’t remember which) was recently rear-ended and pushed into the car in front. A new front bumper was one of the parts needed to repair their car and they were also told that GTI / GTD front bumpers are on back order.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 25 August 2018, 19:11 »
Update:  repairs are authorised by the insurance company, full front bumper assembly with all the ancillaries. Plus a “front loom” and new grill/ACC radar.  Been told to expect a 3-4 wait to availability of parts and the need for the body shop to take it to VW for coding after completing the work.  In the mean time I have a Vauxhall Adam
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2018, 17:56 »
In the mean time I have a Vauxhall Adam

Talk about kicking a man while he's down!!!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 28 August 2018, 09:08 »
Hope you get a satisfactory conclusion once all work done mate to what must've been a total pita to deal with  :sad: .....least you're guaranteed a smilie moment handing the Adam keys back!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 28 August 2018, 12:09 »
In the mean time I have a Vauxhall Adam

Talk about kicking a man while he's down!!!

Not really, the fastest car on the road is a hire/courtesy car that you couldn't car less about. Just like the Peugeot 208 I had in the IOM last week. :evil:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.