Author Topic: Good News  (Read 2652 times)

Offline charv94

• GTI forum regular
Good News
« on: 14 December 2014, 15:50 »
After much anticipation and number crunching, the decision was made (forced) that i'd get a car for my 21st and it would be a GTI.

Couple of questions really,

I can't find out this from the website or other forum posts, do the headlights swivel based on the angle of the steering wheel? Or is it fog lights coming on when you steer left etc.

Secondly, on the tracker, my interior is the normal tartan cloth, however it says titan black? is that a mistake? or normal process?

Mk7 GTI - CSG - Now Gone

M135i 5dr Auto - Mineral Grey

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: Good News
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2014, 16:03 »
The headlights swivel unless you're in eco mode. They also have an extra bulb which lights up when turning at slow speeds.

Titan black is perfectly normal, for some reason they list the colour of the roof lining instead of the cloth seats.

Not a bad 21st present!

Offline caprigreen

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2014, 17:11 »
After much anticipation and number crunching, the decision was made (forced) that i'd get a car for my 21st and it would be a GTI.

I can't find out this from the website or other forum posts, do the headlights swivel based on the angle of the steering wheel? Or is it fog lights coming on when you steer left etc.

Secondly, on the tracker, my interior is the normal tartan cloth, however it says titan black? is that a mistake? or normal process?

Your a lucky lad. Just purchased my first ever brand new car (GTI PP)  aged 52 . At 21 that was what dreams were made of. Enjoy
PS how much is you insurance mine is £190  :smiley:
64 plate VW Golf GTI PP Pure white
1991 VW Golf GTI 8v Silver, 30k miles

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2014, 17:33 »

Must be a hard life getting a GTI forced upon you at 21  :rolleyes:

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2014, 17:45 »
I have difficulty getting insurance for my 18yr old son on a Renault Clio!!
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline charv94

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2014, 17:58 »
4 years no claims and driving for 4 years helps a lot! at 18 my insurance on my 1.4 corsa was stupid too! I've been quoted 650 so nothing too major. and thanks for clearing up my questions :)

i agree, it was my dads dream when he was my age to have a gti, his brother had one but he never did, so that helped my case ;)
Mk7 GTI - CSG - Now Gone

M135i 5dr Auto - Mineral Grey

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2014, 20:24 »

Your a lucky lad. Just purchased my first ever brand new car (GTI PP)  aged 52 . At 21 that was what dreams were made of. Enjoy
PS how much is you insurance mine is £190  :smiley:
[/quote]

As a matter of interest where did you get your insurance from for £190 as I am 57 but pay much more. Are they mod friendly? :smiley:
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline caprigreen

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2014, 21:08 »
I think my insurance is so reasonable due to living in Cornwall  :smiley:
64 plate VW Golf GTI PP Pure white
1991 VW Golf GTI 8v Silver, 30k miles

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2014, 23:24 »
Sorry to go off topic:

I've found the post code plays a big part in insurance.
£140 for my GTD.
£650 for my 17 year old son when he had just passed on a 1.5 Suzuki Swift
Direct Line was the best for us bar none.
Having my kids on their own insurance as the only driver was cheaper than adding me or their mum to their policy with Direct Line yet it brought it down with all other insurers!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline VWcezGTI7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2014, 19:54 »
Congratulations on your soon to be GTI! Quite a nice gift for a first car. Got mine a few months before my 19th and the first few days with her felt like a dream. I was always an M3 kind of guy and I just knew I would end up with a second-hand one some day but then I saw the Mk7 on a website once and it quickly made the change in my decision. Was a bit of a hassle to convince the folks as it costs $54,500 (almost 35,000 pounds) brand new over here and that is considerably expensive. Only took less than a month after that to finalize my purchase and I have to say, I am immensely satisfied. I always thought the GTI was the kind of car who college students or young fellas would get. This forum and seeing some on the street have proved me wrong! :laugh: