Author Topic: Aftermarket alloy wheel advise.  (Read 8712 times)

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: Aftermarket alloy wheel advise.
« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2014, 07:39 »
A picture of my Mk6? i'll have to figure out how to do that!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2014, 09:20 »
I bought my Mk6 from a dealer with replica Monza Shadow's on. I did'nt know at the time they were aftermarket but after around 6 months i noticed whiteworm appearing around the holes for the studs.

Got to about a year I contacted the dealer to complain, they were fine and totally upfront about them putting on aftermarket (the car originally had 17's) but offered to refurb them for me FOC. Being diamond cut they ended up painting them and they turned out looking great again.

Don't know how long they would last though as i got a Mk7 as a loan car for a couple of day's but took it back to a cracking offer for mine and into a new Mk7 :whistle: :grin:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2014, 16:16 »
I bought my Mk6 from a dealer with replica Monza Shadow's on. I did'nt know at the time they were aftermarket but after around 6 months i noticed whiteworm appearing around the holes for the studs.

Got to about a year I contacted the dealer to complain, they were fine and totally upfront about them putting on aftermarket (the car originally had 17's) but offered to refurb them for me FOC. Being diamond cut they ended up painting them and they turned out looking great again.

Don't know how long they would last though as i got a Mk7 as a loan car for a couple of day's but took it back to a cracking offer for mine and into a new Mk7 :whistle: :grin:

I bought an 11 plate GT tdi with replicas on it from the VW dealer yet when i mention trading my GTD with the replicas they want it back to standard.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline carl1

• I live here
````````
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2014, 19:09 »
I quite like those Rondel's. Have you got any pics of them on the car?
Anybody heard of these and do you think they would suit the mk7 or are they too boy racer ?
http://cdn3.wheelbasealloys.com//product-images/productlarge_9585_600.jpg

They'd be more suited to the rounded styling of the mk5/6 I reckon. Nice wheels but the mk7 needs quite angular wheels to match the car's lines
Thanks, they look very good and oem. Is it possible to fit Vw center caps to them? I take it they are 19" i want 18"s,What size do i have to get, do they have to be 7.5 j and exactly et 49? Also they are coming up around £95 from Tyreleader, does this sound about right? Bargain if they are.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2014, 19:16 »
whhhhaaaaattt, the Austins are the nicest part of my car lol. However if you wanna change them, may I suggest you put an advert up for a swap, OEM for OEM, i am sure there are similar minded people to me that drive audis, skoda's and seats...

I wouldnt be taking them off for knock-offs.
It's a weird one for me as i like them when they are a bit dirty but when they are clean and you look at them square on i think their is too much chrome on display but i do think they look good closer up and from a angle when i can see more of the Black insides. I'd never sell the Austin's that would be criminal, they'll stay with the car until i come to sell the car.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2014, 19:58 »
I for mine from tyreleader and yes, they really are that cheap at the moment!

Pump the car details into tyreleader and they'll tell you what they have in stock for the mk7 and will only sell you TUV approved fitments which is reassuring.
8x18 and anything from ET50 to ET40 will fit fine on a mk7. Poss even ET35 on the back.

The OEM VW caps just about fitted my wheels but were a bit too loose for comfort. A bit of sealant would do the trick but I elected to keep the centre caps that came with the wheels as I quite like them in the flesh.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2014, 20:00 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner