Author Topic: Nav Pro map update......Am I being thick??  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Spenaldo

• Not said much yet
  • CSG GTI
Nav Pro map update......Am I being thick??
« on: 09 December 2014, 08:58 »
Hi all,

downloaded all 17 GB of the May update, extracted the file and I have been left with 3 folders, one calleded Eggnog and a txt file, I have moved the unzipped files to the memory card, i have then inserted the SD card into the first slot in the glove box but still no joy in updating the maps??

What am I doing wrong??

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Nuggsy71

• Not said much yet
Re: Nav Pro map update......Am I being thick??
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2014, 09:22 »
I would check back If I was you, as the update is now November 2014 !
Gone : Golf MKVI GTD 3DR Manual, Black Pearl -Also now Gone MKVII Golf Gtd 3DR DSG Pure White, Pro Sat Nav, Leather, ACC, Keyless Entry.
Gone : 5dr GTI DSG, PP, Leather, Keyless, Tech Pack, Tornado red
Current: Golf 7.5 Gti PP Indium Grey, Leather, Dynaudio, DCC, Climate Windscreen

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2014, 20:11 »
I take it there is no way these systems update themselves?

When I first got my car I was on a relatively new road which wasn't on the Nav.
I travelled the same road again last week and the road was now being displayed!!

Apart from the car having some paint warranty work carried out in a VW bodyshop, its never been back at the dealers!!

Is there a way to check which map version it is on?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2014, 20:48 »
I think its under menu/info... or whatever the option is on the far right.

It definitely does display the map version.

And it definitely doesn't update itself (here's another one, why the hell can't my car on the drive connect to my home wifi and update itself or enable me to copy music to it while its sat there...)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2014, 21:48 »
One of the advantages of the CMS unit is not having to b!tch about not being able to download to it's hard drive while it's on the drive. :wink:
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2014, 07:34 »
It's not capable of connecting to a WiFi network although I did explore the tethering route but that didn't work either.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2014, 09:09 »
It does state that if its interrupted it will continue from where it left off. Although whilst it is in the process of updating you will not be able to use the Nav. I did my RNS510 via disc and just drove round for three days as normal and then on the last day it just popped up and said. Done.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.