Author Topic: hardcor3 - smooth mk3  (Read 17771 times)

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
Re: hardcor3 - smooth mk3
« Reply #20 on: 26 November 2005, 18:04 »
updated pics.... :huh:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 December 2005, 20:49 »
new rimmage..... :smiley:

:tongue:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 04 January 2006, 18:06 »
got mi last few bits orderd 2day, sprinter vent and lower bumper air ducts, i've also started to flat the centre of 1 of my new alloys, ready to colour code, i'll post some pics as i install all the bits, also made space to start work on 1 of mi new doors with shaved handles, so 1st dry day and fillers comin out, to take the little dings out of em.....  :smug: :laugh:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2006, 13:16 »
the man in the big brown van, he bring prezzie's.... :smug:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 06 January 2006, 23:40 »
well i couldn't wait too long to get started, so i opted to finish the front bumper, i started by sanding the openings, with some 60grit, to make sure that all traces of paint were gone, and that the plastic surface was nice and rough, then i drilled some 8mm holes, around the edges of the opening (not shown), this is so when the fibreglass is spread onto the sides, it sqeezes thru the holes and acts as extra grip, to ensure no cracking l8r down the line...

i then trail fitted them (good job i did) as the fit was fairly poor, so i held them into the right position, or the 1 i thought looked best, then stuck some holding screws in, to hold them in position, while the fibreglass dried......

after a nightmare of sanding sat on the tile kitchen floor for a couple of hours....

i gave them a coat of filler, and then repeated the process, then gave them a quick prime, outside in the dark to see what they look like, i'll finish them to my standard tomorrow, with some 2k stopper and high build primer, but heres a couple of pics, gives ya the general idea...... :smug: :wink:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2006, 14:34 »
finished the front bumper this mornin, with a bit more flatting and some 2k stopper, here's a few pics of the progress and the finished article (well apart from a decent coat of highbuild primer....

« Last Edit: 08 January 2006, 13:09 by HARDCOR3 »

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 08 January 2006, 21:57 »
Got two wheel centres sanded ready for priming and paint, just two to go..... :huh:

:smug: :smug: :smug:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 January 2006, 20:17 »
oooooopppps, how did that get in there????? :smug:

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 29 January 2006, 23:12 »
got the wing finished and pretty much finished the doors, just need to primer em, startin mirror blanking plates and rear end next, got to de-seam under the lights and after digging at a small bubble on the tailgate, i discovered the dreaded rust,all down to the job not being done right in the first place, not being sealed propper and bare metal left exposed on the inside, so i hit it with the wire brush on the drill and rust-killed it just needs to be re-filled now where i had to dig it out :sad:, more work.....

few pics anyway..... :huh:

ROT...... :angry:

« Last Edit: 30 January 2006, 15:03 by HARDCOR3 »

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 30 January 2006, 17:34 »
goin on this week hopefully...... :smiley: :laugh: :smug: