Author Topic: Too many pipes  (Read 7243 times)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
Re: Too many pipes
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2014, 13:03 »
Monkeyhanger is deemed on here rather knowledgeable id say, but he gave an opinion on the R forum and he got lambasted!!!!! I think he went away in to the corner with his tails between his legs lol. All for expressing an opinion to do with GFV or something similar. Most of it is sh*te on there. One thread which is ridiculous is something like "what do you call your car"...sh*t chat move on lol
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2014, 13:11 »
Kind of reminds me of how mk5golfgti used to be in the mk5 heyday.
I've never bothered much with rforum as I'm not an R owner but used to drop by to read up on things as general interest but was never impressed with the general attitude of some members. I'm sure the core members are fine but the ones that seem to dominate the place seem to be either loadsamoney willy waver types or people on cheap leases who will quite likely get fed up with the waits and cancel as they don't really have any affiliation to the marque. Not that I've been on there for ages so it may have settled down. I'll have a nose over there at some point. Like so many forums it was only the classifieds that ever interested me but this is the one forum that is actually quite good and the classifieds are the least relevant to me. The tuning side of the R forum used to interest me but now the GTI comes with 258 lb ft as standard at nice low revs I'm not even bothered about tuning anymore! Getting old I guess.

Anyway back on topic. Yes, the four pipes are overkill but are the only thing that sets the model apart from a Bluemotion Diesel.
The R is one of those cars that leaves me cold. I totally admire it in a technical sense but that's about it.
Mind you, I've not driven one so I'm sure it'd change my mind. And for that reason I won't drive one!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2014, 13:12 »
Monkeyhanger is deemed on here rather knowledgeable id say, but he gave an opinion on the R forum and he got lambasted!!!!! I think he went away in to the corner with his tails between his legs lol. All for expressing an opinion to do with GFV or something similar. Most of it is sh*te on there. One thread which is ridiculous is something like "what do you call your car"...sh*t chat move on lol

There are so many red lines. It is ridiculous. For a moment I thought I was bleeding profusely and had to rush to A&E!
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2014, 13:14 »
there is a bit too much 'alternatively to can get a XXX from our sponsor for me which achieves the end result..' for me

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2014, 13:19 »
there is a bit too much 'alternatively to can get a XXX from our sponsor which achieves the end result..' for me

this forum is one of the best for having sponsor integration  :grin:

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2014, 13:32 »
Why the GTI is better than the R.

Who's up for a flaming? :laugh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2014, 14:31 »
Quote from: virginVWman Bing =topic=271436.msg2486130#msg2486130 date=1417439018
Monkeyhanger is deemed on here rather knowledgeable id say, but he gave an opinion on the R forum and he got lambasted!!!!! I think he went away in to the corner with his tails between his legs lol. All for expressing an opinion to do with GFV or something similar. Most of it is sh*te on there. One thrread was which is ridiculous they said something like "what do you call your car"...sh*t chat move on lol

Yes I've been on the receiving end of both barrels a few times there, including a "friendly soul" that used to come here a lot to do nothing but troll. There's a 5 member Mafia team that keep the mods busy trying to keep it friendly. Basically, if you buy a manual you're an idiot, if you don't add £4k worth of options you're a poor idiot rather than questioning if VW extras are sometimes three times the price they should be. If you express concern that the GFV has dropped £3k and try to find out why and get on the old finance you were quoted for then you're an idiot/thief/fraudster. if you criticise VW in any way (even for crap paint), you're an idiot, if you don't have an R but can offer advice for an issue that isn't related to the engine then you're still an idiot because every component on the R is lovingly handcrafted and bears no resemblance to the exact same component on a GTI or GTD that we might have seen common issues for here. Some people there seemingly think their R is put together with the same care VW lavish on the Bentleys. There's a highly polarised set of people there - those that have chopped in an ancient Corsa/Clio 1.2  for a leaked R, hardly believing their luck at VW/leasors temporary generosity, and those who believe they are the elite of car drivers.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 01 December 2014, 14:32 »
It's a lovely place. :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 01 December 2014, 14:52 »
It's a lovely place. :whistle:

I read you getting flamed on the R forum MH - I don't know what their problem is over there, you were more than helpful and informative!

My guess?  S7xual frustration  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 01 December 2014, 15:42 »
Some people there seemingly think their R is put together with the same care VW lavish on the Bentleys.

I was trying to get a mate to understand this when he collected an S4 earlier this year. He thought that paying out the sort of money he had on a car would mean that the workshop, valeters, salesman etc would treat him/it differently to someone buying a used A1
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.