Author Topic: Mk7 R sat nav  (Read 6996 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mk7 R sat nav
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2014, 12:20 »
BTW, if you want a big screen and are unwilling to pay such a high price for the DNS Pro, how about this from Drivee Audio. Don't know how good it is.
http://www.driveaudio.co.uk/vw/44-vw-golf-mk7-premium-navigation-media-system.html
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2014, 17:55 »
When I took my car in for it's second service to VW in Hereford they had a Kenwood unit there - fitted price was very close to what Discover Media sets you back. I supposedly can do everything VW unit can and has full 3D map and same size screen as Discover Pro.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2014, 20:05 »
When I took my car in for it's second service to VW in Hereford they had a Kenwood unit there - fitted price was very close to what Discover Media sets you back. I supposedly can do everything VW unit can and has full 3D map and same size screen as Discover Pro.

I am not too sure whether the Kenwood Sat Nav will be compatible with the Mk7 as the Kenwood has a built-in CD/DVD drive whereas the Mk7 has the CD/DVD drive in the glove compartment. I might be barking up the wrong tree as I am no ICE expert.
« Last Edit: 01 December 2014, 20:09 by am1w »

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2014, 21:35 »
From what I've seen it had all the standard VW radio items included.
Most likely the exisiting parts in glove box would be removed.... I think one of the main reason why VW has split their sat navs and radios into 2 parts (CD drive and control part in glove box and display/touchscreen only in dash) was to prevent thefts.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2014, 21:43 »
From what I've seen it had all the standard VW radio items included.
Most likely the exisiting parts in glove box would be removed.... I think one of the main reason why VW has split their sat navs and radios into 2 parts (CD drive and control part in glove box and display/touchscreen only in dash) was to prevent thefts.

Could you kindly find out which Kenwood it is please. The only one I can think of has a 7" screen.  Be most grateful.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 02 December 2014, 08:17 »
I thought the Kenwood user interface was dreadful compared to the rns510 and the nav pro.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.