Author Topic: From Build to delivery  (Read 2645 times)

Offline christof

• Just got here
From Build to delivery
« on: 29 November 2014, 11:57 »
Hi everyone, I ordered my first GTI on 12th October and my build week is commencing tomorrow  :smiley:.  Can anyone who has ordered from factory give me any idea of when I might get the car?  Shrewsbury VW think it may be delivered in January but personally I have my doubts about that, with the VW Christmas close down.

Cheers
Christof

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: From Build to delivery
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2014, 13:19 »
It will more than likely be ready to leave or may already have left the factory by the end of this coming week. If you get lucky and it doesn't loiter too long at Emden it could be at your dealer just before Christmas.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline christof

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2014, 14:06 »
Really, that's better than I anticipated, I will be watching the order tracker with interest this week

Cheers

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2014, 14:08 »
Like JB has said, if you are lucky and it comes out the factory (only takes a few days to build) and hits a train and also hits the boat at the right time it can be in the UK within a fortnight from build date.

Have a search through the forum as I'm sure someone was only 10 days from build date to it arriving at the dealers.
In general though its usually anything from 2 - 4 weeks.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline christof

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2014, 12:00 »
Well I have my update alert today and the car has left the factory, it was at stage 3 yesterday and now its at stage 5!  They must be ahead of schedule  :smiley:
Cheers guys

Offline thebear29uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2014, 13:30 »

My car was delivered to me exactly 2 weeks after stage 5 text update. That was the day I requested delivery. I could possibly have had it a few days earlier.
GTI 3Dr Manual, PP, Pure White, DCC, Dynaudio, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Keyless and High Beam Assist.

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2014, 18:17 »
Next week is week 49.

My car was built week 50 last year. It arrived into Ireland on the 30th December. The biggest delay was the car transport company delivering it to the dealer. It got to the dealer on the 10th and I collected on the 11th.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline christof

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2014, 19:23 »
Cool, hopefully there is a chance I might get it before Christmas.  I will post pics when its here.

Offline Steve78

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2014, 11:14 »
I was very surprised how quick the process took once mine got to the 'build in progress' stage.  When mine arrived in the UK a few weeks ago, I had the keys within 7 days.

Offline christof

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2014, 13:35 »
Cheers Steve78, mine is now shipping, so it might be a nice Christmas present.