Author Topic: Climate Windscreen  (Read 5388 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Climate Windscreen
« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2014, 19:50 »
With my climate windscreen I had to spec advanced telephone module and I do have the usb in the glove box.

I have to say the climate windscreen was very impressive two days ago when I went to the car at 4 am and there was a thick layer of frost to clear. 2 - 3 minutes and it was sorted well before there was any sort of heat in the engine to help clear it.
My gtd does this without the climate screen.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mattlittle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 02 December 2014, 16:01 »
The GTD has an auxiliary heater to help provide warm air before the engine warms up (which can take a while with a diesel)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2014, 21:59 »
Not a squeak from the OP. I wonder whether the he has got a final list of the actual options on his car.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Rhino

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2014, 06:37 »
Morning All,

After advice on here, it appears I do have Climate Windscreen. When I switch it on, I get a Red windscreen icon with the zigzag through it, and it appears on the Convenience Consumers list.

The strange thing is, I don't have a USB socket for the Advanced Telephone anywhere, so maybe when mine was built (March 14), it wasn't a compulsory option.

Any further feedback on where this boot options sticker might be? As I said, all my boot well is carpeted. (I know what is being referred to, as my previous Scirocco GT had the boot options sticker, however it wasn't carpeted.)

Thanks.
2014 GTD 5 Door - Carbon Grey - Winter Pack - Dynaudio - Discover Pro Navigation - Rear View Camera - High Beam Assist

Offline mattlittle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2014, 08:43 »
If you lift the floor plate in the boot to reveal the spare tyre, the sticker should be in the same space as the tyre.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 03 December 2014, 09:05 »
Telephone prep and climate screen have always been linked options in the UK.

Offline mattlittle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 03 December 2014, 10:33 »
You are correct although I am sure that I read somewhere that there were a few cars in the early days that, although VW UK specified the two in combination, had been built by VW Germany without all full advanced telephone prep.

There are also accounts of other countries where you can specify the climate windscreen without the telephone prep.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 03 December 2014, 19:19 »
Morning All,
After advice on here, it appears I do have Climate Windscreen. When I switch it on, I get a Red windscreen icon with the zigzag through it, and it appears on the Convenience Consumers list.
The strange thing is, I don't have a USB socket for the Advanced Telephone anywhere, so maybe when mine was built (March 14), it wasn't a compulsory option.
Any further feedback on where this boot options sticker might be? As I said, all my boot well is carpeted. (I know what is being referred to, as my previous Scirocco GT had the boot options sticker, however it wasn't carpeted.)
Thanks.

Evening Sir. You lucky chap. Most interesting that you have CW without ATC. Does this in any way affect your phone signal? I wonder if I can have the same mistake taking effect: CW without ATC. That would be grand.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 04 December 2014, 09:14 »
Many with the CW have testified that their phones work the same when using the ATP as not using it....

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 04 December 2014, 12:02 »
Many with the CW have testified that their phones work the same when using the ATP as not using it....

Thanks. This is very interesting. I somehow doubt whether my dealer can swing it so that just the CW can be ordered without the ATP.