Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286930 times)

Offline Dolly

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2090 on: 02 March 2011, 20:46 »
first lap should be done on foot, if your too slow second lap youll get mowed down by the people who made it back to the cars first

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #2091 on: 02 March 2011, 21:37 »
I'd like to see a jump or at least a loop the loop type thing. Maybe even an upside down section as the cars apparently have enough downforce to hold them onto the ceiling.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2092 on: 02 March 2011, 21:48 »
They really need a crossover point on the circuit - let's see who has the biggest balls! Bet Kobayashi would never slow down... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Or how's about random traffic lights - go through a red light and you'll get a 30-minute penalty  :laugh:

Or £60 an 3 points from your van!!  :grin: :grin:
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2093 on: 02 March 2011, 22:20 »
jesus christ.

how can a man who is obviously a genius on the business front be such a tard the rest of the time.

whats next? top gear style paintball cannons on some corners? flames that shoot out of the ground? boudica style pop out wheel spikes?

MAKE THE TRACK LAYOUT BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :angry:

kn0bhead.

And if you want rain , run races in places where it rains alot in the seaoson when it rains alot.

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
  • psn: fozziie
« Reply #2094 on: 02 March 2011, 22:57 »
bernie wont be happy until their racing submarines

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2095 on: 03 March 2011, 13:12 »
Bernie is just a complete nut job who is not getting any better the nearer to imortality that he gets. Its about time someone on one of his various boards of investors woke up, slapped him around the face and told him to f**k off to the mental home. Wet races are not fun, they are just slow parades that do nothing to showcase the technology and excitement in racing and the Pirelli guys statement that simulated wet races wouldnt be a problem as there would be no clouds is a ridiculous statement to make, what happens when its blazing sunshine and the drivers cant see the track for reflected sunlight and all the other associated problems of driving in the wet with full sunshine?

Sure these plans might mean that more people crash and it changes the grids a bit but if you want to watch that sort of racing you can go and watch the feckless idiots who do touring cars or even formula ford as both series have far more of what Bernie seems to be after in races that take a quarter of the time to complete at a fraction of the cost. The whole thing about F1 is that its supposed to be the best drivers in the best cars in the world who are at the mercy of the conditions they are racing in, not a bunch of amateurs driving around in multi-million pound cars.

Saying all of that, the manufacturers would soon tell him where to go if this became a serious sugestion.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2097 on: 14 March 2011, 21:43 »
Formula One 2011: team principal Christian Horner hints at McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton joining Red Bull

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/lewishamilton/8381953/Formula-One-2011-team-principal-Christian-Horner-hints-at-McLaren-driver-Lewis-Hamilton-joining-Red-Bull.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Don't see it ever happening, I think he will always be a one team driver even if it looks like they have made another dog this year.

+1, Hamilton himself has stated in the past that he doesn't think he'll ever move team as he finds McLaren his home.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2098 on: 14 March 2011, 21:55 »
Formula One 2011: team principal Christian Horner hints at McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton joining Red Bull

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/lewishamilton/8381953/Formula-One-2011-team-principal-Christian-Horner-hints-at-McLaren-driver-Lewis-Hamilton-joining-Red-Bull.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Don't see it ever happening, I think he will always be a one team driver even if it looks like they have made another dog this year.

+1, Hamilton himself has stated in the past that he doesn't think he'll ever move team as he finds McLaren his home.

Er would you announce in the global press that you were considering changing jobs? I think not! He can say that till he's blue in the face but everyone in the paddock knows if a good offer with a good car comes up at the right time he'll jump ship. There's no such thing as a loyal F1 driver.

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2099 on: 14 March 2011, 21:58 »

Er would you announce in the global press that you were considering changing jobs? I think not! He can say that till he's blue in the face but everyone in the paddock knows if a good offer with a good car comes up at the right time he'll jump ship. There's no such thing as a loyal F1 driver.

Nick

ed zachery... they want to be where the good cars are and if mclaren fail to impress again this season I am sure he might be tempted