Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 383264 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1540 on: 03 December 2012, 17:25 »
Just bought my wife this after 11 years trouble free motoring in a Lupo GTI

The Suzuki is a real hoot to drive and came well finished with Xenons, climate, bluetooth. keyless entry.. for £12K

looks very nice Mike, shame the GTi dont do Xenons as standared  :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #1541 on: 03 December 2012, 22:03 »
I'm getting a itch for a golf r that I might scratch, if not maybe a BMW 3 series m sport diesel, only 2.5k more than a new golf gt diesel
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1542 on: 04 December 2012, 00:01 »
Just bought my wife this after 11 years trouble free motoring in a Lupo GTI

The Suzuki is a real hoot to drive and came well finished with Xenons, climate, bluetooth. keyless entry.. for £12K

Yep they definitely are that esp around the bends, the new shape swift in std form is much more rounded and girly compared to the last gen, but the updated sport looks great esp in blue...I was quite disappointed tho that its only got a 10hp or so more than the previous, it's around 136 now if I'm not mistaken?

Great little car none the less, I'm sure your wife will be very happy... great buy Mike :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #1543 on: 04 December 2012, 11:17 »
Yep 136BHP but it only weighs about 1000kg so BHP/Tonne not far off the golf  :laugh:

Only got 400 miles on it so far, it will be nice to see what it is like once loosened up, if I can ever get the keys off my wife  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1544 on: 04 December 2012, 11:36 »

Yep they definitely are that esp around the bends, the new shape swift in std form is much more rounded and girly compared to the last gen, but the updated sport looks great esp in blue...I was quite disappointed tho that its only got a 10hp or so more than the previous, it's around 136 now if I'm not mistaken?

Great little car none the less, I'm sure your wife will be very happy... great buy Mike :cool:

Come on Steve now is your chance to show us your previous Swift  :laugh:
My Mrs currently drives a swift with go faster stripes over it. She loves it and is looking at a new one.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1545 on: 04 December 2012, 13:37 »

Come on Steve now is your chance to show us your previous Swift  :laugh:
My Mrs currently drives a swift with go faster stripes over it. She loves it and is looking at a new one.

I'm working on it also changed my mind to the A1, but it will also depend on the pram ?? Decisions decisions  :grin:
« Last Edit: 04 December 2012, 13:43 by Steve30 »

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1546 on: 04 December 2012, 13:42 »
Yep 136BHP but it only weighs about 1000kg so BHP/Tonne not far off the golf  :laugh:

Only got 400 miles on it so far, it will be nice to see what it is like once loosened up, if I can ever get the keys off my wife  :laugh:

Can it be mapped Mike is there a turbo on it? :undecided:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1547 on: 04 December 2012, 14:17 »
is there a turbo on it?

Quotes from the Top Gear Porsche challenge when Hammond put a "Turbo" badge on his 924,

"Is that the turbo?"
"No."
What about that? Is that the turbo?"
"No"
"This?"
"No"
"How about this then?"
"No"
"It doesn't have a turbo does it?"
"No  :embarrassed:"
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1548 on: 04 December 2012, 14:52 »
I'm looking Skoda's Fabia vRS pick one up for 12k  :wink:

Think you have to have taken your brave pills for these given the engine issues associated with these

yea just had a look at some of the issues, but your warrenty should cover it, my daughter has an 04 plate Fabia 60k on the clock and it never squeaks and runs like a dream, yes its very basic in the cabin but cant fualt it really. :smiley: :tongue:
Better you than me. Engine and gearbox issues. I don't like the emergency services or been stuck at the side of the road myself or wasting day after day having to go back and forwards to dealership workshops but if you have nothing better to do I guess it fills time in LOL.
It's a shame really as the previous fabia vRS was a car a really liked and has a good reputation too.
It's also said within the group that skoda still make the best assembled cars in the group.

P3asa
Nice sportback we are still thinking about one, just not quite In the price range of yours. :wink: probably a.1.6 sport sportback in blue with a couple options of parking plus, tpi and climate.

I had a Polo 6r GTI 180 (same engine and gearbox as the vRS). I didn't have any problems with the gearbox, (but many do) but the engine drank oil like it was petrol and needed new piston rings at 6k! As I had been back and forward to the dealer to have the engine and oil level checked many times I decided to reject car as the fix had not worked on other cars and I was fed up with having to take my new car back to the garage every month. So in summary, avoid!
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1549 on: 04 December 2012, 15:16 »
is there a turbo on it?

Quotes from the Top Gear Porsche challenge when Hammond put a "Turbo" badge on his 924,

"Is that the turbo?"
"No."
What about that? Is that the turbo?"
"No"
"This?"
"No"
"How about this then?"
"No"
"It doesn't have a turbo does it?"
"No  :embarrassed:"

You taking the p*ss dubber36 you sh!tehawk  :laugh: :laugh: