Author Topic: mk7 GTI UK press release  (Read 8500 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: mk7 GTI UK press release
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2013, 18:13 »
You have to press the button to disable it every time you get in the car.......every time you switch the car off it reverts back to stopping and starting......
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2013, 20:25 »
so that will be a new starter motor required every year or 2 then... start stop is just asking for trouble

that E handbrake is a piss-take too. cant see me rushing in to but a mk7 or any VW for that matter :shocked:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 27 February 2013, 21:25 »
One day you are going to have to get used to it ; ) I think they might of uprated it and tested it to some length.
Sales Manager

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 27 February 2013, 21:47 »
The E handbrake is great,

Good to get rid of that ugly old hand brake lever at last, makes the center console so much neater. :smiley:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #14 on: 27 February 2013, 21:58 »
You should be a salesman Mike : )

You are right it is awesome especially with a dsg car, on and off on its own (providing you have your belt on), auto hold so you don't have to sit there with your foot stuck on the brake. Stop start would certainly save me a fair bit of fuel in my gti........

My only concern is that the mk7 gti wont sound anywhere as good as my 35.........however it will by the sounds of things have a really good standard spec.....
Sales Manager

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2013, 01:27 »
The E handbrake is great,

Good to get rid of that ugly old hand brake lever at last, makes the center console so much neater. :smiley:
until its a few years old does not work properly, you fail your MOT and its £600 in parts alone to fix.
(what the Renault one is costing people at the moment) Renault dealers are enjoying making money off it. :smug:
Oh and stop start is keeping dealers busy with warrenty claims for batterys left right and centre too. Does not help that modern batterys are not as good now due to new Eco designs.
I also hope vw have solved there timing chain tensioner.issues they have on all tsi units or the engines will need to be on quick release mountings they will be getting replaced so often...

« Last Edit: 28 February 2013, 01:29 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2013, 01:42 »
:...................Double post.......
« Last Edit: 28 February 2013, 02:05 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2013, 07:49 »
I had a Golf Match BMT for about 3 weeks last year and in that time, the stop/start activated once. That was when I was waiting at a level crossing. I'm lucky enough to live/work and drive around in the countryside, so I'm never stationary long enough for it to be of benefit.

So the simple answer to the stop start haters is to give up the big potatoes city lifestyle and move out into the sticks.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline rodd1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2013, 10:17 »
If the stop/start is anything like it was on my bmw 120d then it probably won't even kick in for those driving locally. The bmw stop/start only works when the car has reached temperature and battery is running at optimum levels. It would usually show it's face after a long run out though. I'd imagine those who have a long commute will see it in action more often than the rest of us.

I have to admit i did find it very annoying when it did work though.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2013, 10:19 by rodd1000 »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 01 March 2013, 18:59 »
Split to get back on topic. :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂