Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379897 times)

Offline denyason

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2230 on: 27 May 2014, 11:33 »
And then various other websites offer 12% off a brand new 'R'  :evil:
there not hire purchase. 

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2231 on: 27 May 2014, 13:06 »
Tidy motor :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2232 on: 28 May 2014, 10:42 »
I'm liking the Evoque denyason. Very nice indeed. Looks class in that colour.

Pipe and slippers for next Christmas......?  :evil:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2233 on: 28 May 2014, 10:59 »

I've been stocking up on loads of detailing products to do the new car protection. Can't wait to get my mitts on it!

Personally I would be looking forward to giving it some stick, each to their own
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #2234 on: 28 May 2014, 11:03 »

I've been stocking up on loads of detailing products to do the new car protection. Can't wait to get my mitts on it!

Personally I would be looking forward to giving it some stick, each to their own

Have no fear.... that will be happening out the box. The weather is looking good (finally) for collection on Saturday. So I will be looking forward to finding a few nice roads to bond with it.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2235 on: 30 May 2014, 08:38 »
I'm fancying a T5 Kombi at the moment. Having been away for a few days, towing the caravan, carrying all our kit, 3 bikes and 2 kids, the Passat estate just isn't big enough without some compromise. I would still keep the Passat because it is a very useful everyday little car that costs very little to run, but being mindful of having another vehicle to tax and insure, I would probably moth ball the Mk2 for a few years as I never use it anyway.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #2236 on: 31 May 2014, 17:25 »
M135i collection day!!  :smiley:

First impressions.... I love it and boy does it feel quick. I'm really happy with the colour combo. The silver paint is slightly darker then I expected in the flesh but in a good way. I'll miss the Estoril Blue though at times but it didn't make sense to order the M135i in the same colour.

The noise of the M135i is great (mostly fake though) but I think I will have the m performance exhaust added sooner rather than latter for more of an organic noise that you can feel through the car.

That's all for now.

I'll grab some more pictures soon and let you know more thoughts on it when I get to grips with it.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 17:29 by MAW73 »

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #2237 on: 31 May 2014, 18:28 »
I would probably moth ball the Mk2 for a few years as I never use it anyway.

I'm outraged Simon!!! Mothball the Mk2?? I'll have it if you don't want it!!!!
Honestly, I've just been for a drive in the Mk2 and have had a hoot. It's driving really well. It'd be such a shame to see such a lovely valver be put away.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2238 on: 31 May 2014, 19:07 »
I've been cleaning it today ready for Weston Park tomorrow Andy, and to be perfectly honest, I'm board with it. I never drive it, I spend most of the time saving for the next step towards perfection and when it finally gets there, I'll be even less inclined to drive it.

It makes no financial sense what so ever and my head tells me I ought to sell it, but my heart says no. Why should I let anyone else have it? It's not as if I would get an amount of money for it that would make a difference. Also I know that one day I'd want another and where would I find one?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2239 on: 01 June 2014, 07:07 »
M135i collection day!!  :smiley:

First impressions.... I love it and boy does it feel quick. I'm really happy with the colour combo. The silver paint is slightly darker then I expected in the flesh but in a good way. I'll miss the Estoril Blue though at times but it didn't make sense to order the M135i in the same colour.

The noise of the M135i is great (mostly fake though) but I think I will have the m performance exhaust added sooner rather than latter for more of an organic noise that you can feel through the car.

That's all for now.

I'll grab some more pictures soon and let you know more thoughts on it when I get to grips with it.
BEAST Martin! That will give you so much fun and it will be hard to find a better fun per £££ car in a few years.
Good choice  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner