Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791325 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11840 on: 09 November 2021, 20:27 »
Got angry with it, as now on top of the service being due now and the MOT due at the end of next month, I now have at least one tyre that needs replacing and a cracked windscreen.

I keep telling myself these things will be relevant to any car, but it's raw at the moment.

It does always seem to come all at once, when you least need it, but it's definitely not just a Golf thing!

Totally agree, our Honda Accord had a clutch pack last week and now is getting a driveshaft. It happens!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11841 on: 09 November 2021, 20:37 »
Today I picked up some newly refurbed Audi s-line 17’s, with brand new (old stock) Michelin Alpin winter tyres for £150 the lot.

They just clear the brakes by a few mm, look crap lost in the arches, but will give me more traction as temps drop.

I’m even contemplating getting spacers for them.
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #11842 on: 09 November 2021, 21:26 »
A little upgrade arrived  :whistle:

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11843 on: 10 November 2021, 13:02 »
These arrived today, just need to put on the winter goodyears. :smiley: Seems a shame to use them for winter given they're in mint condition.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11844 on: 10 November 2021, 13:32 »
Got my "spare" 19" Brescia alloy repaired by Prestige Wheels in Manchester. The wheel was replaced with a new one when the car was only a month old due to me badly kerbing it whilst trying to avoid a foreign truck driver on my side of the round coming round a bend.

I'd forgotten I still had the old alloy until tidying the garage recently, and decided to take a chance with Prestige as their prices was half of what I was quoted by Lepson's (including the delivery both ways). Got the wheel back and I have to say, I'm mightily impressed. I'm very hard to please, and I've given it a good going over, and to be honest, when placed next to one of my other wheels, I can't tell the difference. The finish looks factory. Would highly recommend them. I'll post a photo up at the weekend once I've given it a clean and a coating of Getechniq C5
« Last Edit: 10 November 2021, 13:35 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11845 on: 10 November 2021, 14:43 »
I used prestige in Northamton about 6 years ago for the mk6 Monza Shadows and was very pleased.  Still have the car and wheel has no noticeably wear and still as good as the others.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11846 on: 10 November 2021, 17:39 »
These arrived today, just need to put on the winter goodyears. :smiley: Seems a shame to use them for winter given they're in mint condition.

give them a good coating of ceramic wheel protector and they'll be fine. My winter set are Belvederes with Cross Climates on 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11847 on: 12 November 2021, 07:57 »
Taxed it and had it serviced and MOTd. Failed initially on the headlight washers as it was out of washer fluid... You'd think they'd just top that up rather than bother failing it.

Also nearly rolled into the car behind on the way home as the dealer turned off auto hold. Completely my fault but it becomes second nature to trust it after a while.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11848 on: 12 November 2021, 09:20 »

give them a good coating of ceramic wheel protector and they'll be fine. My winter set are Belvederes with Cross Climates on 👍
Need to get the balance weights painted as well😉
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11849 on: 12 November 2021, 12:29 »

Need to get the balance weights painted as well😉
just buy black ones or go to Costco, they usually have them 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.