Author Topic: New GTI Clubsport  (Read 13446 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Re: New GTI Clubsport
« Reply #80 on: 14 June 2021, 22:32 »
I read somewhere that there is two settings to the passive dampers (which I find unlikely) and the reason there is a sport and normal to chassis mode. Henry Catchpole mentions it in his caffe room review for the Clubsport (which I loved and really helped my decision to push the button and buy one) but doesn’t know what it does. I’ve Googled it to death in my quest to learn as much as I can about my new car but can’t find anything anywhere! 🤷🏼‍♂️
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 14 June 2021, 22:46 »
Yes there are two settings. It was discussed on here last year when the first GTi reviews were released. Some of the early YouTube videos mention it specifically.

7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 14 June 2021, 23:09 »
Haha, something tells me you’ll be back.

Nope, I’m nowhere to be seen  :lipsrsealed:
I’ve gone off to find zen.

I've deleted my rant.

To anyone wondering whether or not to spec DCC, IMO the only correct answer is: Try it for yourself.

That’s a real shame. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s and it’s good to hear all viewpoints, and you raised some very good points at that. Thankfully we are a very mixed bunch and we take lots of things away with us from our time here. I always enjoy reading your posts.

One issue I think many people will find is getting a decent drive in a demo car to try various spec permutations, so it’s a case of getting some opinions here and elsewhere then either a leap of faith, a long wait or buying an in stock car.

Random clubsport question? Are they all built in Zwickau or Wolfsburg?

My 11th character is a W

Going back to the RVC option from a couple pages back, I don’t have it in my current car but it’s a useful tool and looks cool to passers by. The one extra benefit of having it in a mk8 is the screen is that much higher so more in the driver’s line of vision.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #83 on: 15 June 2021, 07:15 »
I read somewhere that there is two settings to the passive dampers (which I find unlikely) and the reason there is a sport and normal to chassis mode. Henry Catchpole mentions it in his caffe room review for the Clubsport (which I loved and really helped my decision to push the button and buy one) but doesn’t know what it does. I’ve Googled it to death in my quest to learn as much as I can about my new car but can’t find anything anywhere! 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you don't have dcc then yes, in individual mode there is a chassis setting... Normal or sport.

It's not suspension, it's the LSD.

The interesting thing on the mk8 is that the diff isn't controllable separately, the whole car is controlled by vdm.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 16 June 2021, 23:58 »
Sorry Exonian.. I added dcc at the last minute. Still don’t believe it’s needed but think I can get it back when I trade in as most reviewers rave about it. Also I saw a chance to get it in a good deal since I’ve been undecided on the colour for a good while between silver and white. All colours in Ireland cost unlike the uk but I saw an opportunity to get a bit more out of the dealer by changing to white which I initially wanted anyway and adding the active dampers for the same price as the metallic option.

That probably won’t make much sense but the long and the short of it is cars are far more expensive in Ireland due to taxation. I won’t go into it as I’ve read a thread where Joe explained it so don’t fancy boring you all!