Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 1591 times)

Offline AnniversaryWul

• GTI forum regular
Quick question
« on: 26 September 2008, 19:15 »
Hi. im half way thru a detailing session. Just washed, clayed with megs and polished with ag deep gloss polish, Gonna seal with ag extra gloss protection and wax with collinite 915. Do you need to seal the polish right away or could i leave it till tomorrow morning? Running out of light and havent had my dinner yet lol

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2008, 22:45 »
yep thats fine,just give it a wipe over in the morning with a damp microfibre to remove any dust that may have settled over night.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline AnniversaryWul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2008, 09:44 »
Cheers. Had to abandon it anyway. got 2 dark 2 quick

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2008, 21:41 »
Do you need to seal the polish right away ...

The opposite.

If you seal too soon, it won't bind as well. Leave it for an hour between coats at least. After AG EGP, I would leave it at least two hours before putting on Colinite as the solvent takes ages to dry properly.

PS... With colinite, put on as little as possible - Use two coats if necessary.  If its applied too thickly and dries, its a SOAB to get off.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2008, 23:48 »
Do you need to seal the polish right away ...

The opposite.

If you seal too soon, it won't bind as well. Leave it for an hour between coats at least. After AG EGP, I would leave it at least two hours before putting on Colinite as the solvent takes ages to dry properly.

PS... With colinite, put on as little as possible - Use two coats if necessary.  If its applied too thickly and dries, its a SOAB to get off.

the sealent will bond fine after youve polished.

its the wax layers you have to stagger.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!