Author Topic: Instrument cluster cleaning.  (Read 2102 times)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
Instrument cluster cleaning.
« on: 27 March 2015, 13:28 »
I would be interested to learn the best technique to clean the dust from the speedo/MPH cluster.On previous cars I've always ended up with swirls/scratches that granted only the driver can see from a certain angle but I am eager to avoid this with this car.As yet I've not touched them.
I don't know,perhaps one of those tins of compressed air and blow the surface dust off first?What do you guys and girls think?
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Instrument cluster cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2015, 15:29 »
Just be very gentle.  A good soft micro fibre and detailing brush gets into most places but can of compressed air is a good shout.  Valet Pro do great natural bristle detailing brushes of varying sizes. I'd avoid the really cheap ones like 10 brushes for pennies as they shed bristles terribly.

Other than that some quality super soft micro fibre cloths. WoWo microfibre cloths are a bit thinner so are really good for getting into tight interior crevices as well as the usual dash bits.  Finally a good interior cleaner such as Poorboys Natural Look Trim Dressing or Auto Finesse Interior Cleaner  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 27 March 2015, 15:36 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2015, 16:02 »
I'm having a nightmare with this in my car at the moment, it's as if the plastic has a constant static charge running through it so it attracts every little bit of dust!!!
« Last Edit: 28 March 2015, 07:02 by Wo-Wo »

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2015, 17:26 »
Thanks,good tips.
With last car I used a baby wipe and it left marks that I couldn't shift.Micro fibre wipes after blowing it out first it is then.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2015, 17:31 by AndyG »
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline JIMMYBRODIE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2015, 14:46 »
I've used A light coat of Poor Boys Natural Look and it's kept the dust away so far, that was 10 days ago!