Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: Swirls
« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2010, 20:17 »
ask rhyso what happens when a body shop buffs your paintwork  :lipsrsealed:

So who should do it then?
like i said above get guy or myself to sort you out, you will be very impressed

And you're all better than a bodywork shop?

So how much are we talking then for a wash, buff with fine compound to remove the swirls and then a layer of protective wax?
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

kells

« Reply #11 on: 23 June 2010, 21:12 »

depends what bodyshop  :wink:

Offline Grand Master Patch

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 25 June 2010, 07:10 »

Using a rotary really isn't difficult at all,but for the price of a rotary,products,pads etc.....you could get it fully corrected,expect to pay £275+

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #13 on: 25 June 2010, 09:37 »

Using a rotary really isn't difficult at all,but for the price of a rotary,products,pads etc.....you could get it fully corrected,expect to pay £275+

believe it or not there is a knack to using a rotory and in unexperienced hands can be a recipe for disaster,trust me ive seen many guys thinking its easy and then watched them foooook the paint on the car.
and yes 250+ is about right for priceing.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #14 on: 25 June 2010, 21:19 »
I'll fix it fot a pint if your near glasgow.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Birksy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2010, 20:27 »

:grin:

I get so much work as a result of main dealership valeters that think "using a rotary really isn't difficult". It is very easy to cut right through your paint if you don't know what you're doing and you aren't using the appropriate products.

As the pro-valeters on here have said - get a professional to do it. £60 is too cheap, you'll just get a bodyshop monkey doing it for that sort of price. You should expect to pay anything between £160-£300 depending on what else they will be doing (e.g prepping/waxing).
It's been a long time since I rock and rolled