Author Topic: Carpet cleaning  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Grand Master Patch

• I live here
Re: Carpet cleaning
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2009, 23:17 »
Mine was very wet and had no choice but to remove the carpet and undelay to allow them to dry out.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 24 August 2009, 13:59 »
options:

find a valeter and pay them to do it professionally for you  :wink:
go to B&Q and rent a rugdoctor carpet cleaning machine and buy the chemicals there

you shouldn't have to remove the soundproofing material... but if it is waterlogged and knackered replace it or make sure it is thoroughly dry before you put it back in

wrt the smell you if it continues you should be able to remove the odour with an aromatek treatment  :smiley:

Offline AndyStephens

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2009, 13:46 »
Thanks very much for the advise :)

Offline Schuey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2009, 23:03 »
options:

find a valeter and pay them to do it professionally for you  :wink:
go to B&Q and rent a rugdoctor carpet cleaning machine and buy the chemicals there

you shouldn't have to remove the soundproofing material... but if it is waterlogged and knackered replace it or make sure it is thoroughly dry before you put it back in

wrt the smell you if it continues you should be able to remove the odour with an aromatek treatment  :smiley:

I agree........ Take it to a local valet place (IMO/Arc or whatever) & ask them to do it...................About 2 years ago I hired a rugdoctor to clean my carpets, unfortunately whoever had it b4 me used it clean up sick or something & it smelt even worse!!!!!