Author Topic: MkI GTi memories needed please!  (Read 953 times)

Offline RichardDredge

• Just got here
MkI GTi memories needed please!
« on: 21 May 2008, 16:45 »
Folks,

I’m writing a feature for a magazine, on the original Golf GTi and its development. I need to track down people who were around when the car appeared, in the late 1970s and early 1980s. this would include anybody who worked on the cars in some way – whether that was modifying, racing, maintaining or even selling. If you owned one of the first cars in the UK, that would also be great.

All I need to do is have a telephone conversation to get a few comments on what was going on at the time, and I can do that to suit you. If you think you can help, or you know of somebody else who probably can, could you please contact me ASAP; in true magazine form, I have just a wekk to sort this out.

Please feel free to drop me a line via mail@richarddredge.com and I’ll call you on whatever number suits you best, whenever suits you best.

Many thanks,

Richard Dredge

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: MkI GTi memories needed please!
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2008, 19:13 »
You may get some more response from the mk1 org site here http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/
......now officially dubless.

Offline RichardDredge

• Just got here
Re: MkI GTi memories needed please!
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2008, 23:39 »
Thanks for the lead; I've posted my message on the other site so hopefully I'll get some response from somebody somewhere!

Richard