Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2835178 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2420 on: 18 June 2015, 17:31 »
Love that dash.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2421 on: 18 June 2015, 21:10 »
Lovely car Peter. I'm soooo tempted to go back to a TT

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #2422 on: 18 June 2015, 21:30 »
Our A6 was going in for a service, so I asked my salesman nicely if I could 'borrow' a TT for the day, instead of getting an A1 or A3 courtesy car.

Dundee Audi are a great place to deal with in my experience, and my salesman went and pinched a car that another salesman was using as a daily driver.

It was a TT Sport, 2.0TDI manual (same drivetrain as the GTD) with the full Audi Connect version of the sat-nav. The suspension and 245/40 tyres gave a nice ride as well. Engine suits the car, much more than the previous model 170 hp TDI which I thought was a bit gruff. Being a lighter car than the GTD also makes it feel a little more rapid.

Bad points - none really bad but learning how to operate the screen took a bit longer than I thought it would - all sorts of submenus can be tucked away, but the basics are easy enough. The prices are of course not cheap for the car or the copious amounts of options.

Would I get a Mk3 TT? If they were to come up with either a higher powered TDI quattro, an e-tron model or a successor to the RS in a year or two, then I'll have another closer look :)
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2423 on: 18 June 2015, 21:49 »
If the MK3 TT had been available to order with a decent level of broker discount when I ordered the R, I might have been tempted. Drive the deal look to be coming in with a 9% discount right now - but even in S-line guise, standard spec is a bit basic - VW have really spoilt us with the MK7's standard equipment.

The opportunities to put my foot down on my new 21 mile commute are few and far between (maybe 3 times during the whole trip to get a quick spurt to 80mph). The places I could really do it are usually when the car is cold (so that's a no-no). Most of the journey is a saintly 60-80mph cruise on the motorway that is usually quite busy but free-flowing - I might as well be in my old GTD getting an extra 20mpg for the chances I get to use the extra 116ps  :angry:.

I did manage to take a roundabout quite quickly yesterday with no-one else on the road and managed a mild 4 wheel slide - you'd have to be a real nutter to get the car to step out a lot. Still averaging around 32mpg because the commute's level of traffic forces you to be relatively sensible.

Had a few people asking about the R at work now that they know who I am.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2424 on: 19 June 2015, 08:37 »
Buy mine for the missus Matt  :whistle: :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2425 on: 19 June 2015, 12:36 »
Always thought VW cheapened out by not fitting stainless steel inner sill covers to the rear door area like they do to the front, so found these on Aliexpress (only took a week to arrive). I thought for £8 all in it was worth a punt. Fitted today and I really like the look of them and proper stainless steel (not steel looking plastic). Finishes off the rear door area (well it will be finished when I wire in my rear door exit lights to the bottom of the door now I've seen how to do it over on a German forum in the next couple of weeks.)

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2426 on: 19 June 2015, 12:44 »
Can you post a link to the how-to for the rear lights Andrew?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2427 on: 19 June 2015, 12:48 »
Kevin, I was going to when I do this mod in about a weeks time, as I've cobbled bits and pieces from various forums and just want to make sure it all works correctly before advising people. As soon as it's done, I'll put it up here for all (on paper at least, it looks really easy - famous last words !)
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2428 on: 19 June 2015, 12:58 »
I'm watching a set of those trims on ebay but was a little reluctant to order them like you but i think i will now tbh, i've got a set of the GTI ones to put on when it turns up so might get these too. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2429 on: 19 June 2015, 13:47 »
Those rear door sill trims look good Sootchucker.  VW alaways seem to skimp on the finer little details, like they do with interior LED's, iirc most are LED but some aren't!

Reminds me, I've been wondering if it's possible to obtain and fit seat lever inserts on the mk7, similar to the mk6 ones (pic below).  From what I can see the mk7 handles are a different moulded shape with a deep curved recess which would make adding inserts difficult.  Anything available/possible?  Apologies if it's already on here somewhere.

« Last Edit: 19 June 2015, 15:12 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11