Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653503 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2320 on: 11 January 2015, 15:53 »
Have you decided what road bike you're getting?

Either a Specialized Roubaix or a Cannodale Synapse. Both are carbon sportive bikes with 11 speed 105 components. Priced the same too. I just need to ride both to decide.

Not sure what your budget is but have a look at the Felt F series.

I'm looking at round £1500, both the Specialized and Cannodale are bang on that price. They can be bought from my local bike shop and having bought 4 bikes from them last year, I would expect 15% discount and a set of pedals. The price will also include a fitting session. Discount, freebies and fitting won't come from internet stockists, so I'd have to try to deal with a different stockist.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2321 on: 11 January 2015, 17:08 »
Mine isn't a rental, hard earned money is paying for it. The GTD has done me proud with ownership nearly on 5 yrs and 80k miles later its done very well. But moving job to a closer to home (5 miles instead of 28) has given me the opportunity to buy something I have always wanted an R. Where as the GTD and the DPF just don't like the short journeys. Its time for the GTD to go to a new home, it will be for sale soon once the private plate has come off keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds. Although I have had some interest already from friends.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2322 on: 11 January 2015, 17:16 »
Have you decided what road bike you're getting?

Either a Specialized Roubaix or a Cannodale Synapse. Both are carbon sportive bikes with 11 speed 105 components. Priced the same too. I just need to ride both to decide.

Not sure what your budget is but have a look at the Felt F series.

I'm looking at round £1500, both the Specialized and Cannodale are bang on that price. They can be bought from my local bike shop and having bought 4 bikes from them last year, I would expect 15% discount and a set of pedals. The price will also include a fitting session. Discount, freebies and fitting won't come from internet stockists, so I'd have to try to deal with a different stockist.
ive just brought a road bike it's a specialized diverge the £900 one. Couldn't have an out and out racing bike because of back issues so got it locally and fitted. The man said when you have it serviced if you want to clip in we shall do a proper fit. Can't argue with good local service  :smiley: mind you I wish these bikes would come wit half decent pedals
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline vertex

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2323 on: 11 January 2015, 17:44 »
Had a very near miss last night. I had a dash cam from a previous car so wired it in today.
Front and back.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #2324 on: 11 January 2015, 18:37 »
Yea I fitted one recently and if anything its good for entertainment value.

On the way home the other day thought this van was risking it a bit going through on the red.

But then the black car behind followed   :shocked:

Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2325 on: 11 January 2015, 18:40 »
Charlie, most decent bikes come with 'ride home from the shop pedals'. Most riders will have their own shoe/pedal combo.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2326 on: 11 January 2015, 18:52 »
I know dubber mine came with the ride home pedals just it would be nice if a decent set metal not plastic were included not moaning to much just being tight  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Greg_ED35

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 35
« Reply #2327 on: 11 January 2015, 19:43 »
Picked up a VAGCOM cable from a supplier here in Stockholm today , first mandatory job done, dial staging  :wink: and ordered a bluetooth module and some "35" badges as mine never had any. Will be working through the list of vagcom tweeks over next week. :smiley:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2328 on: 12 January 2015, 02:56 »
I know dubber mine came with the ride home pedals just it would be nice if a decent set metal not plastic were included not moaning to much just being tight  :laugh:

Charlie, get yourself a decent set of clipless pedals (spd type or similar), some proper road shoes and cleats, shimano etc.  Makes all the difference (once you've mastered them).  Maximises leg power and energy directly to the wheels/road and gives better control over the bike.  Similar to 4 wheel drive  :laugh:  Don't know how people can ride without them.

Still enjoying your alltrack?   Missing the gti?   :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 January 2015, 03:08 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2329 on: 12 January 2015, 10:26 »

Charlie, get yourself a decent set of clipless pedals (spd type or similar), some proper road shoes and cleats, shimano etc.  Makes all the difference (once you've mastered them).  Maximises leg power and energy directly to the wheels/road and gives better control over the bike.  Similar to 4 wheel drive  :laugh:  Don't know how people can ride without them.

Still enjoying your alltrack?   Missing the gti?   :smiley:
ye I'm still enjoying the alltrack and you had to ask about the gti. Needless to say I think you know the answer to that one. I've got the shoes and clipless pedals on order so we shall have to see how we get on  :grin:  glad your on holiday because it's not cold and windy back here. Just watch out for them sharks  :laugh: