Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654224 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1980 on: 13 October 2014, 20:42 »

Gave them another coat of wax during the rain showers were I couldn't work on the leon outside.

Lovely pair  :wink:  :cool:

I forget how great night blue looks until I see it like that.  What wax did you use snoopy?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1981 on: 13 October 2014, 20:44 »
Still it's booked in for a service soon so hoping they will be kind enough to wash it for me.  :tongue:

:shocked:  Are you mad? Don't let them touch it, not unless you fancy a nice swirly pattern on your paintwork.

I also have a sign (not as professional as dubber's) a massive cardboard one that takes up most of the front seats saying "do NOT wash this car".  Also a luggage tag attached to the keys saying same and then I make sure they write it on the work schedule, underline and highlight it.  Overkill maybe but it works  :wink: :evil:

Not after just having it machine polished I will give them the advice on not to then ....

Seriously if you've just had it polished don't let the dealer touch it or all that hard work will be undone in an instant.  Don't think because it's clean, they'll leave it, you need to spell it out to them  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1982 on: 13 October 2014, 21:24 »
Still it's booked in for a service soon so hoping they will be kind enough to wash it for me.  :tongue:

:shocked:  Are you mad? Don't let them touch it, not unless you fancy a nice swirly pattern on your paintwork.

I also have a sign (not as professional as dubber's) a massive cardboard one that takes up most of the front seats saying "do NOT wash this car".  Also a luggage tag attached to the keys saying same and then I make sure they write it on the work schedule, underline and highlight it.  Overkill maybe but it works  :wink: :evil:

Not after just having it machine polished I will give them the advice on not to then ....

Seriously if you've just had it polished don't let the dealer touch it or all that hard work will be undone in an instant.  Don't think because it's clean, they'll leave it, you need to spell it out to them  :smiley:

I will spell it out for them and leave a nice little note for them  :smiley:

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1983 on: 13 October 2014, 21:25 »

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Mine has this sign hung from the mirror whenever it goes near the dealership.

Is that a sign you made yourself? or have any idea where i can get one from? I'm scared to send it in now!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1984 on: 13 October 2014, 21:47 »
^^

Looks similar to this one.  http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/i4d-do-not-wash-this-vehicle-hanging-sign.html

Might get a couple myself.  Course a DIY sign costs nothing  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 21:50 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1985 on: 13 October 2014, 22:50 »
Lovely pair  :wink:  :cool:

I forget how great night blue looks until I see it like that.  What wax did you use snoopy?
Night blues a bit darker than shadow blue. Theres a mk7 R in the carpark next to were I work in that colour i parked next to it on the main road once to compare. Its my favourate colour on the mk7 R.
I use collinite 476s as it lasts well and seems to work well on my silver cars too.

I keep seeing people with Mk2 and Mk6 combos, I need to get on this band wagon! they both look mint!
Mk1  :wink:

« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 23:06 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #1986 on: 13 October 2014, 22:56 »
When mine goes for a service on Friday the dealer usually washes it..i'm quite happy does it not offset the topping up of the windscreen washer bottle? plush i once watched the young lad along the doors wash his dads Focus with a brillo pad!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1987 on: 14 October 2014, 08:13 »

Looks similar to this one.  http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/i4d-do-not-wash-this-vehicle-hanging-sign.html

That's the one.

When mine goes for a service on Friday the dealer usually washes it..i'm quite happy does it not offset the topping up of the windscreen washer bottle?

I always make sure that mine is full. When the Passat was serviced last, they tried to charge me about £6 for screenwash and hadn't even left the bottle in the car as there was no room in the reservoir. I suggested that they printed off another bill, sans screenwash.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #1988 on: 14 October 2014, 10:57 »

When mine goes for a service on Friday the dealer usually washes it..i'm quite happy does it not offset the topping up of the windscreen washer bottle?

I always make sure that mine is full. When the Passat was serviced last, they tried to charge me about £6 for screenwash and hadn't even left the bottle in the car as there was no room in the reservoir. I suggested that they printed off another bill, sans screenwash.
[/quote]

To be fair they did leave the bottle in the car the last time. The Bosch aero wiper blades just arrived and installed, i just bought the triple kit one for the rear as well. The passenger rubber was damaged hence the unclear bit in the middle. Also fitted black wheel nut covers to the 17mm wheel bolts. The place where i got my alloys kept the original 19mm...i'm pleased with the look though. My next thoughts are R side sills and i can't get those darn pedal boxes out of my head  :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline CaptainCaveman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1989 on: 14 October 2014, 22:08 »
Well today my car went in to have the uprated sachs organic clutch put in due to the clutch slipping since being remapped as well as a new dual mass flywheel. Clutch is noticeably stiffer but not so much it's undriveable but I'm sure I will get used to it :) so glad I can now fully use all the extra power safely  :grin: