Author Topic: MK8.5 Official News / Open for ordering the 11th of April  (Read 5362 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
New Golf: celebrating 50 years in style
VW0129-2424 JAN 2024Last Updated 11 hours ago

Just more than 37 million units after the first model rolled off the production line, 2024 marks the 50th anniversary of the legendary Golf. And, to celebrate, we’re revealing the new Golf.

An evolution of the popular Golf 8, the main focus of updates are a redesigned interior, an improved infotainment system and various enhancements to the drivetrains on offer.

The new Golf Estate will launch at the same time as the Hatch, with the same specification upgrades.

Exterior
A new face has been given to the new Golf, consisting of new bumpers, redesigned LED headlights with a horizontal LED strip in the grille and – for the first time on a Volkswagen in the European market region – an illuminated front Volkswagen badge.

New Golf also gets a refreshed rear bumper, redesigned taillights with IQ.LIGHT (which features customisable ‘welcome’ and ‘goodbye’ effects), new alloy wheel designs, and a revised selection of exterior paints.

Interior
The updated interior now has the newly-developed MIB4 infotainment system (which will also be on the new Passat and Tiguan), with a free-standing touchscreen of up to 12.9-inches. A faster processor powers the new system, and features illuminated touch sliders for temperature and volume control.

An enhanced multi-function steering wheel can be found with physical buttons as well as the ChatGPT-enabled IDA voice assistant.

Digital Cockpit Pro can be customised to display ‘classic’ round instruments or ‘progressive’ display tiles, with space in between that can be customised with a number of functions – such as navigation route guidance or assist systems. There will also be model-specific profiles for R-Line, GTE and GTI.

Both Golf Hatch and Estate versions will have the latest versions of Park Assist Plus and Park Assist Pro, as well as the option of a 360-degree Area View.

Drivetrains
Big improvements have been made to the PHEV models of Golf, now featuring a 62-mile (100-kilometre) range on the battery alone, bringing the combined range to 621 miles (1,000 kilometres). Carrying over to the new Golf is the range of eTSI engine, which features the highly-efficient 48-volt system.

Power outputs have increased on the 2.0 TSI engine to 204PS, an increase of 14PS, and Golf GTI has a power hike up to 265PS, a rise of 20PS when compared to the outgoing GTI.

New Golf will launch with TSI (petrol), TDI (diesel), eTSI and plug hybrid eHybrid and GTE variants during the launch phase, with GTI Clubsport and R models due in the second half of 2024.

« Last Edit: 10 April 2024, 10:21 by evo1986 »
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK8.5 Official News
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2024, 21:49 »
There is a comma missing isn't there...

"GTI Clubsport and R models"

Gti, clubsport and R...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2024, 17:17 »
Initial high level mk8.5 marketing blurb is now on VW UK website;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/new/the-new-golf.html
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2024, 07:44 »
New Golf: celebrating 50 years in style
VW0129-2424 JAN 2024Last Updated 11 hours ago

Just more than 37 million units after the first model rolled off the production line, 2024 marks the 50th anniversary of the legendary Golf. And, to celebrate, we’re revealing the new Golf.

An evolution of the popular Golf 8, the main focus of updates are a redesigned interior, an improved infotainment system and various enhancements to the drivetrains on offer.

The new Golf Estate will launch at the same time as the Hatch, with the same specification upgrades.

Exterior
A new face has been given to the new Golf, consisting of new bumpers, redesigned LED headlights with a horizontal LED strip in the grille and – for the first time on a Volkswagen in the European market region – an illuminated front Volkswagen badge.

New Golf also gets a refreshed rear bumper, redesigned taillights with IQ.LIGHT (which features customisable ‘welcome’ and ‘goodbye’ effects), new alloy wheel designs, and a revised selection of exterior paints.

Interior
The updated interior now has the newly-developed MIB4 infotainment system (which will also be on the new Passat and Tiguan), with a free-standing touchscreen of up to 12.9-inches. A faster processor powers the new system, and features illuminated touch sliders for temperature and volume control.

An enhanced multi-function steering wheel can be found with physical buttons as well as the ChatGPT-enabled IDA voice assistant.

Digital Cockpit Pro can be customised to display ‘classic’ round instruments or ‘progressive’ display tiles, with space in between that can be customised with a number of functions – such as navigation route guidance or assist systems. There will also be model-specific profiles for R-Line, GTE and GTI.

Both Golf Hatch and Estate versions will have the latest versions of Park Assist Plus and Park Assist Pro, as well as the option of a 360-degree Area View.

Drivetrains
Big improvements have been made to the PHEV models of Golf, now featuring a 62-mile (100-kilometre) range on the battery alone, bringing the combined range to 621 miles (1,000 kilometres). Carrying over to the new Golf is the range of eTSI engine, which features the highly-efficient 48-volt system.

Power outputs have increased on the 2.0 TSI engine to 204PS, an increase of 14PS, and Golf GTI has a power hike up to 265PS, a rise of 20PS when compared to the outgoing GTI.

New Golf will launch with TSI (petrol), TDI (diesel), eTSI and plug hybrid eHybrid and GTE variants during the launch phase, with GTI Clubsport and R models due in the second half of 2024.

What's your opinions on the new agency selling model one price every dealer no discounts?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2024, 10:15 »
Evo... My opinion is it's bad for dealers and bad for consumers. It's the most brutal margin grab I've ever seen.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2024, 11:44 »
Evo... My opinion is it's bad for dealers and bad for consumers. It's the most brutal margin grab I've ever seen.

Given the contract imagine is with VW themselves, and dealer is literally a shelf to collect your package from, what think is the effect on after sales from the dealer? Does this change the servicing and warranty arrangement with VW anyway also? Imagining it does not, but not certain?

Also, what does this do to all the online car discount sites, like Car Wow, does it kill them?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2024, 12:20 »

Could not agree more!

VW win, dealer wins customer pays more and gets even worse service than the current dealer network (and that is bad enough now at most dealers)
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2024, 12:46 »

Could not agree more!

VW win, dealer wins customer pays more and gets even worse service than the current dealer network (and that is bad enough now at most dealers)

I’ll either be keeping my current car or if I do decide to change, I’ll be looking at car manufacturers who aren’t planning on adopting the agency model (primarily Japanese or Korean brands at present). If I do change, my next car is unlikely to be a performance hatch; I rarely get to use my current Polo GTI+’s full potential and I only drive around 4.5k miles a year, so I’d be prepared to make the sacrifice and drive something that isn’t a hot hatch.

I’ve had 22 years of VW’s so I’d actually quite look forward to trying something different. So VW would lose a loyal, long standing customer, and I dare say I wouldn’t be the only one.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2024, 13:22 »
So VW would lose a loyal, long standing customer, and I dare say I wouldn’t be the only one.
You certainly won't be!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2024, 15:08 »
So VW would lose a loyal, long standing customer, and I dare say I wouldn’t be the only one.
You certainly won't be!

Nope no more VW for me. The hot hatch I'd want is not affordable to me any more and agency or not, after the way this one has gone I'm in not buying any more VAG stuff. The level of denial and outright lies about the issues with the mk8 has been appalling.

It's almost like they couldn't have tried harder the last 3 years to make their brand less attractive to me.

Next car will be something else entirely. It literally couldn't be any worse.... and then they pull this agency rubbish.