Author Topic: Engine cover!  (Read 32089 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Engine cover!
« Reply #240 on: 25 February 2024, 10:27 »
Interesting, my R arrived mid December and came with an engine cover fitted.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #241 on: 25 February 2024, 10:28 »
Interesting, my R arrived mid December and came with an engine cover fitted.

Hmm i will have to ring and ask them Monday for an update, cheers Exonian
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Jonny2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #242 on: 25 February 2024, 16:20 »
Mines been ordered and has arrived at the dealers, I got a text to say to arrange booking in to have it fitted.
I’ll likely sw8ng by and grab it in the week….. mines for a mk8 Clubsport.

Offline Yodi94

• Just got here
« Reply #243 on: 26 February 2024, 23:54 »
Good luck but I am not sure it will get you up the line. I wrote something similar in a letter to the Head of VW UK in what I thought to be a humorous/rhyming letter. A year later I am still awaiting a reply. I am not sure they have a sense of humour.

Like I mentioned in my previous reply, I believe you need to mention certain things to get through filters and or to get a humans attention. It worked for me and I thought mine would never be answered either.

Got a response after waiting a while for them to investigate:

“Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concern about the missing engine cover for your brand new GTI Clubsport. We understand the frustration this situation has caused and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience it has brought about.

Upon further investigation, we have discovered that your vehicle is part of a fleet agreement with Arval. As Arval owns the vehicle, they are responsible for addressing any concerns or issues related to it. Therefore, we kindly recommend that you reach out to Arval directly to discuss the missing engine cover.

Arval will be able to liaise with their point of contact within the Volkswagen network to address the issue and facilitate the sourcing or supply of the appropriate engine cover for your vehicle. We understand your desire to have this matter resolved promptly, and contacting Arval is the most efficient way to proceed in this situation.

Additionally, we have been looking into obtaining the engine cover as a gesture of goodwill. However, due to the ownership structure of the vehicle, it is essential that Arval is contacted first to ensure proper coordination and resolution.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding in this matter. If you require any further assistance or have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

As there are no further actions required from Volkswagen UK, this case is now closed, however, if you require any further assistance do not hesitate to reply to this email or call 0800 699 888.

You may receive a survey about the service that I have provided. This survey is based on myself as a Customer Service Advisor and not the Volkswagen processes or Centres. I would be grateful if you have the time to complete this, as it will help me to provide the best customer experience possible. 

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we hope for a swift resolution to the issue with your engine cover.”

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #244 on: 27 February 2024, 08:25 »
Vw UK love to shut down a conversation. They were super rude to me when I complained before.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #245 on: 27 February 2024, 19:40 »
I hope you gave an appropriate score on the customer feedback survey Yodi
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Yodi94

• Just got here
« Reply #246 on: 29 February 2024, 18:21 »
Not filled it in yet, but they will definitely won’t be getting some good feedback

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #247 on: 02 April 2024, 12:27 »
I have an engine cover at last, now my engine bay doesn't look like an industrial factory of pipes, it now looks like a basic entry level golf  :laugh:
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order