Author Topic: Scottie's MkII Gti  (Read 8025 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Scottie's MkII Gti
« Reply #20 on: 01 November 2011, 14:54 »
both your legs look ok in the pics.

Ohhhh Matron!!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #21 on: 01 November 2011, 15:55 »

Ohhhh Matron!!

Trust you!...  :rolleyes:  :grin:

Only thing I can think to look out for is that because of the type of smack its had, right in the middle,  I would be concerned that it has pulled the legs closer together slightly.  (Queue Wherry!)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 01 November 2011, 16:01 »

Ohhhh Matron!!

Only thing I can think to look out for is that because of the type of smack its had, right in the middle,  I would be concerned that it has pulled the legs closer together slightly.  (Queue Wherry!)

If you smacked me in the middle i think i would close my legs too! :grin: :kiss:

I think you could just get away with it, but best of luck :afro:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #23 on: 01 November 2011, 16:30 »

Ohhhh Matron!!

If you smacked me in the middle i think i would close my legs too! :grin: :kiss:

I think you could just get away with it, but best of luck :afro:

Yeah, if that has happened he should be OK spreading them again.  :wink:

Mine was fixed, no reason this can't be.

Offline ScottieG

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 01 November 2011, 16:38 »
 Cheers for the well wishes, My whiplash has pretty much gone completely today  :smiley:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: I'm glad I wasn't smacked that hard between my legs. oooooof  :laugh:

I was thinking that last night so I'm going to take a tape measure to Benrevs gti to compare the two, I need to do some work on the N/S front chassis rail section and battery tray while it's apart anyway as it's had the usual tin worm attack, not a problem though as I'm quite a confident welder  :wink:

I'll keep you all up to date on progress!
« Last Edit: 01 November 2011, 16:42 by ScottieG »
Steady as she goes

Offline ScottieG

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 09 November 2011, 13:28 »
Well on closer inspection everything looks straight apart from the O/S chassis rail at the front, this section and the battery tray was a bit rotten and has pulled in slightly, but it is all in front of the suspension and engine mounts  :smiley: I think If it was solid then I might not have been so lucky. I needed to do some work on it anyway and it will straighten out easily enough. The N/S chassis rail is perfect  :smiley:

My dad and I got the golf over to my workshop last night and I'm going to make a start on pulling the engine tomorrow night.

At the weekend I picked up a new Bonnet, slam panel, lights, front crossmember, a complete standard exhaust system and a complete engine & gearbox  :cool: Just need to find a O/S front wing now as nowhere seems to have any in stock, the N/S front wing is good enough to save.

Sorry pics are a bit dark, I haven't finished wiring up all the lights in my workshop yet.

« Last Edit: 09 November 2011, 13:30 by ScottieG »
Steady as she goes

Offline ScottieG

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 11 November 2011, 10:09 »
Made a bit of progress with the strip down last night. I got the damaged wing off, the engine/gearbox is ready to be pulled and got the exhaust off.

Steady as she goes

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 November 2011, 07:51 »
Sorry to read about the crash dude! I'm glad your saving her from the scrappy. And now you have an excuse to give her the full repaint :)

Offline ScottieG

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 14 November 2011, 12:54 »
Sorry to read about the crash dude! I'm glad your saving her from the scrappy. And now you have an excuse to give her the full repaint :)

If I could afford to go for a full respray at the moment I would love too but unfortunatley funds don't allow, I also just bought another pile of japanese rust for my next project in the form of a Suzuki LJ80  :cool:

Had a few hours on the golf at the weekend, pulled the engine and straightened the chassis rail out a bit.

I think I broke a few engine mounts  :rolleyes:

Steady as she goes

Offline mumbles

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 14 November 2011, 13:16 »
Ouch, must have been some impact.

Glad you're ok though. As the others have said, good to see you trying to put it back on the road rather than letting it get scrapped. All the best for the rest of the rebuild.
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport